Michigan High School Teammates Meet Some Tampa Bay Bucs

Gugny

Nice feel good story that'll brighten most people's day (there's just no hope for some).

Teammates from a Michigan high school football team started a group text.  One of them fat-fingered a number to be added and it turned out to be Sean Murphy-Bunting's number.

Instead of being a dick, he and some of his Bucs teammates gave these kids a pretty cool experience.

https://www.today.com/news/sports/high-school-team-accidentally-facetimed-tampa-bay-bucs-rcna7057?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR0TbhMVABWFQIjlOMXa34TtBHw0Swh2dHjRM_TFRQ8Mah5tFEl4y1EuiOc

• Awesome! (+1) 3

That's cool.  

What a goof.   What you do if you got a call out of the blue one day, and the guy says, "Hi, I'm Jim Kelly, just calling to chat."

I had a friend who was getting his hip replaced.  He asked the doctor if he could talk to one of his former patients as a reference.  Doctor says, "sure."  A couple of days later, my friend gets a call.  "Hi.  This is Jack Nicklaus.  Did you want to talk about Dr. X?"   

55 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's cool.  

What a goof.   What you do if you got a call out of the blue one day, and the guy says, "Hi, I'm Jim Kelly, just calling to chat."

I had a friend who was getting his hip replaced.  He asked the doctor if he could talk to one of his former patients as a reference.  Doctor says, "sure."  A couple of days later, my friend gets a call.  "Hi.  This is Jack Nicklaus.  Did you want to talk about Dr. X?"   

I had a bottle of booze erroneously delivered to my place of work.

I found the intended recipient's name and cell number on the receipt.  Long story short, it was Donald Fagen's (Steely Dan) wife, Libby.  I spoke to her for quite a bit; she is a sweetheart. Then Donald got on the phone to give me his Fed Ex account number so I could ship the booze to their place in NYC (they were near Woodstock, NY when I called ... staying at Bob Dylan's house).  She asked me to text her my name and address so she could send me a bottle of "Bob's whiskey," as a thank you for my honesty and "moral high ground."

A little time went by and she sent me a text out of the blue, saying she hadn't forgotten about me and they were "looking for the perfect bottle."  She never sent me anything, which bums me out.  But it was still a neat day and experience.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.