A Few Thoughts about the Saints Game, in no particular order

Virgil

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

A little point that was a 62 yd kickoff, meaning it was fielded on the 3 yd line.  It might go into the EZ if not fielded, or it might go out of bounds or be downed by the other team just inside the goal line.

People forget that not all kickoffs go into the EZ

The overall point is valid that equating a mistake by Josh Allen and a kickoff mistake by McKenzie is a poor comparison.

61% of all  are touchbacks.

McK should not take a kick out of the EZ.  Take it at the 25 for free.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The point is, that specific kickoff on which McK fumbled, went to the 3 yd line.  He did not run it out.

Now it's possible if he ran away from it, it would have gone into the EZ

It's also possible it would have bounced OOB, or been downed.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2021 at 5:51 PM, hondo in seattle said:

Thanks for the good insights.

Don't go to the game.  You're not helping us.

The Bills are 4-0, lifetime, when I see them in person.  I'm saving my live mojo for the Bills first Super Bowl.  

You don’t want me attending a Bills’ Super Bowl.  I’ve gone to about a dozen Bills games over the years here on the West Coast and didn’t see a win until they beat the Rams in 2016.  Then I had to go back and see them play the Chargers in the “Peterman game” in 2017.    I also went down south for Super Bowl 27 and even though I didn’t get in, they got destroyed by Dallas.

I refuse to pay the current Super Bowl ticket prices anyways.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:45 PM, boater said:

That "hands coach" or whatever you call it that Knox did in the off-season made a phenomenal difference. Night and day results. Both the coach and Knox deserve major kudos.

Don’t forget about Knox attendance at TE University.  Watching how guys like Kelce and Kittle play close up could only have helped.

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I guess the coaches gave Andre Roberts the freedom to run it out of the end zone.  There were times last season where he ran them out and didn’t get to the 20.

Edited by BobbyC81
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.