J.P Losman

Not offering any major insights here:

I love reading the JP Losman articles. He is truly OUR QB, drafted by us as a rookie. Flutie, Johnson, Bledsoe, all came to us with a professional football past. Even Jim Kelly played elsewhere as a pro (USFL).

JP is willing to share with the media and thus to us, all of the growing pains and things he learned or is still learning. I like the fact that he is honest about what he does well and not so well so far. He makes us feel like we have a front row seat to watch his growing process and isn't afraid to sound like an excited kid. He seems so proud he learned the playbook and isn't afraid to say he had some rust when he overthrew a pass by 20 yards.

So, keep it up JP. Don't become "polished" with the media (especially like Drew was). Your personality is infectious. Continue to be yourself. It is a joy to keep track of your progress and read your quotes in the paper.

Now I know talk is cheap, yada yada yada, only results matter... and ultimately that's correct. But, if he can move this offense and stay the same excited kid, he has a chance to be something special for the NFL, and something extra special for the City of Buffalo and western NY. I can't wait to watch this guy play.

"I try to tell you guys I'm not the normal California kid that you guys all think of," he said. "I've been hearing all the rumors. I work hard. This is my job. This is my profession and I'm going to do whatever I can to make the most of it. I worked hard to get where I am and I'm not going to stop now." -JP Losman

He may end up sucking big time when the real bullets fly, but until that happens I'm proud to have this guy as our QB. One of the best things about being a Bills fan is that we always have many more reasons to be proud of our team and this organization than we do to be ashamed of it. JP appears to be an honest, blunt, stand-up guy who is determined to do everything he can to be successful as our QB. I admire that and I'm psyched to see what he is capable of producing.

I love reading the JP Losman articles. He is truly OUR QB, drafted by us as a rookie. Flutie, Johnson, Bledsoe, all came to us with a professional football past.  Even Jim Kelly played elsewhere as a pro (USFL).

JP is willing to share with the media and thus to us, all of the growing pains and  things he learned or is still learning. I like the fact that he is honest about what he does well and not so well so far.  He makes us feel like we have a front row seat to watch his growing process and isn't afraid to sound like an excited kid. He seems so proud he learned the playbook and isn't afraid to say he had some rust when he overthrew a pass by 20 yards.

So, keep it up JP. Don't become "polished" with the media (especially like Drew was). Your personality is infectious. Continue to be yourself. It is a joy to keep track of your progress and read your quotes in the paper.

Now I know talk is cheap, yada yada yada, only results matter... and ultimately that's correct. But, if he can move this offense and stay the same excited kid, he has a chance to be something special for the NFL, and something extra special for the City of Buffalo and western NY. I can't wait to watch this guy play.

324495[/snapback]

Yup, it's nice. He not only puts in 160%, but he very much seems grateful to be where he is.

-Jeff

Even Jim Kelly played elsewhere as a pro (USFL).

324495[/snapback]

Don't forget Kelly was originally our 1st round pick, though he choose to

play in the USFL.

But I agree, it is really refreshing to see our own...If he becomes even

1/2 of what Kelly did, he will go a long way in gaining his teammates

respect.

I may be off base with this, but it really seems like JP is also not afraid to point out where he screwed up.....he actually gives the impression that he's accountable to himself and his teammates. Bad example, but with this pass that went 20 feet over the head of the TE this weekend.....JP admitted he was embarrassed by it......I can imagine other QBs we've had here (who shall remain nameless) who would have said the guy should have grown more or jumped higher. Anything to NOT take some responsibility, even for something as silly and trivial as this.

I may be off base with this, but it really seems like JP is also not afraid to point out where he screwed up.....he actually gives the impression that he's accountable to himself and his teammates. Bad example, but with this pass that went 20 feet over the head of the TE this weekend.....JP admitted he was embarrassed by it......I can imagine other QBs we've had here (who shall remain nameless) who would have said the guy should have grown more or jumped higher. Anything to NOT take some responsibility, even for something as silly and trivial as this.

324547[/snapback]

For a second there I almost thought you were talking about RJ, but then I realized you couldn't possibly be. RJ would have been sacked well before the TE ever came off the line.

It is nice to hear about a guy with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed. I really hope this guy becomes an elite QB in the NFL. Not only because he's a Bill, but because he seems ready to work for it.

Ok, only because he's a Bill

Excerpt from today's AP Wire Story on the TBD home page...

Whatever inconsistencies a few bad throws and a couple of botched handoffs to Willis McGahee Losman showed in practice on Friday were gone by Saturday.

He was poised, drew defenders offside with a hard cadence, threw in rhythm and displayed a pocket presence, tucking the ball and heading up field when he felt pressure.

Losman made two strong completions, both to Lee Evans on Saturday. The first was a 50-yarder, hitting Evans in stride as the receiver beat starting defensive backs Lawyer Milloy and Nate Clements. Then there was Losman's 10-yard strike over the middle, threading a hard pass that hit Evans in the hands.

nice, very nice......repeat after me......Its only no pads mini-camp, its only no pads mini-camp

I think if there is any comparison to Favre to be made (and yes, I know this is all speculation....), I think it will be the ability to offset his mistakes with big plays. Even though Bledsoe has big career passing numbers, that's one reason why you can look at Favre as 'great' and Drew as, um, 'not great'. When Bledsoe has a bad game, you're pretty much screwed. Favre can go out and throw a couple picks, but you know that as long as there is time on the clock and he's behind center, you're still in the game. I just get the impression that JP is going to make things happen. Some bad, but eventually - after he's gotten some experience under his belt - mostly good.

"I try to tell you guys I'm not the normal California kid that you guys all think of," he said. "I've been hearing all the rumors. I work hard. This is my job. This is my profession and I'm going to do whatever I can to make the most of it. I worked hard to get where I am and I'm not going to stop now."  -JP Losman

324520[/snapback]

This is what I like to see: Quote to Note: "He even called one of the coaches out on one of their mistakes. He's really making sure everyone is on top. I don't know if that was made up but he's making sure everyone is on top of everything. That's impressive, calling a coach out and saying 'hey this is how it's called.' That's pretty impressive." - Guard Chris Villarrial talking about JP Losman.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3176

Brady stays in New England in the offseason and works out and studies film etc... That is something Drew never did in Buffalo or New England. I like JP's work ethic and it will help him big time. Preparing and being familiar with the team, personnel, their responsibilities will help this offense tremendously this year. Go JP, love what I'm hearing---of course we could all be singing a different tune come the season. But I don't remember RJ or Drew taking the offense by the horns like this.

Brady stays in New England in the offseason and works out and studies film etc...  That is something Drew never did in Buffalo or New England.  I like JP's work ethic and it will help him big time.  Preparing and being familiar with the team, personnel, their responsibilities will help this offense tremendously this year.  Go JP, love what I'm hearing---of course we could all be singing a different tune come the season.  But I don't remember RJ or Drew taking the offense by the horns like this.

324615[/snapback]

Let me first say this, I am a big Drew fan. Not because he was the Bills' QB, but because i like him as a person and as an athlete (a very immobile athlete). It really is just hard not to like the guy in my opinion. Be that as it may, i was told from an inside source (a person who would have knowledge of such things) that DB didn't really put in the time and effort that his words to the media made it sound like he did. He said his command in the huddle was one thing, but the leading by example off of the practice field left something to be desired. He didn't say it was bad, it just seemed Drew never went that extra mile. Hopefully the PR department of the Bills hasn't overhyped JP's dedication, because i would sure love to see this team fight for him.

Let me first say this, I am a big Drew fan.  Not because he was the Bills' QB, but because i like him as a person and as an athlete (a very immobile athlete).  It really is just hard not to like the guy in my opinion.  Be that as it may, i was told from an inside source (a person who would have knowledge of such things) that DB didn't really put in the time and effort that his words to the media made it sound like he did.  He said his command in the huddle was one thing, but the leading by example off of the practice field left something to be desired.  He didn't say it was bad, it just seemed Drew never went that extra mile.  Hopefully the PR department of the Bills hasn't overhyped JP's dedication, because i would sure love to see this team fight for him.

324629[/snapback]

I used to distinguish between Drew the player and Drew the person, too. Right up until he ran his mouth and whined at his Cowboys press conference about how he got a raw deal in Buffalo or whatever. Now I just think he's an ass with good parents.

I dunno and have some doubts. I reviewed the tapes of JP's performances last year and I could swear he was only putting in 157.5%.

324555[/snapback]

Shortest FFS post ever?

But, as usual, right on the money.

Here is another great one: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...30-losman_x.htm

"At first, it didn't bother me much," says Losman, a native of Venice, Calif. "But lately it's become annoying and is said to me in a put-down way. I can assure you I'm not Rob Johnson. I come from a working-class environment. My dad poured concrete for a living and my mother worked two jobs. I just wish people would give that comparison a rest."