I’ll be honest, it was fun having the Bills talked about as the best team in football

The 9 Isles

Too jinxy for me.

I hate losing - but one of the silver linings is that we'll be back under the radar for a bit (or at least as "under the radar" as a division leader & contender can be).

A whole season would be too much. Take some lumps early, learn some lessons, peak in December & January (and February).

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

It sucks now that the loss comes right before a bye week.  

It was a great feeling having our team talked about as “dominant” or Super Bowl favourite for a while. 

I know it’s early and they will likely bounce back strongly but it still a huge downer. 

Every 'super bowl favorite' will likely lose multiple tough games this year...the nfl and the afc specifically are very wide open and we could easily still be viewed as the team to beat even after that loss.  Back to back road games against kc and ten is a tough ask for anyone 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Looking at Power Rankings and other articles today, it seems the Bills weren't downgraded by the national media much at all based on last night's loss.  Most see it for what it was - a competitive road game against another contender that we had a chance to steal in the last minute.  Pretty sure everyone outside of this board (and other hardcore Bills fans) still view us as one of the top 3-4 teams to bring home the Lombardi Trophy.  

Exactly...yea we got beat up a bit in the trenches but the strengths of our team more than kept us in the game.  Both our losses have felt a bit flukey so far compared to last year when we got absolutely annihilated by ten and kc 

1 hour ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I completely agree.  I'm sick of all of the whining after losses.  The Bills had more yards, more time of possesion, more first downs, etc.  The better team doesn't always win.  They still are one of the best if not the best team in the NFL.  

If Josh hadn’t slipped on our last play, there would be a different tune playing here. Don’t get too high, or too low, over one game. I still love our team and our outlook for this season. Peak in February! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.