Million Mom Activist Arrested

Priceless

He said Young Money, which Roberson allegedly belongs to, has ties to Annette “Flirty” Stevens, a Springfield woman who began lobbying against gun violence when her son, Jericko Clark, was shot to death in 2002. Stevens was arrested in February, after police allegedly found drugs and a gun with the serial number scratched off in her house.

I love how this woman's kid has a different last name from her. Wonder how many more kids she's got like that.

323490[/snapback]

My kid has a different last name from me. And that means precisely WHAT, pray tell?

Yours also get killed in a drug deal?

324549[/snapback]

Your point being? That all women who have kids with different last names are poor parents, or that the kids are burnt-out dopers simply because they have different last names from their mothers?

That's like saying everyone who lives in Alaska is there because they can't cut it in normal, civilized society. One does not necessarily lead to the other and jumping to the conclusion would be an ignorant, bigoted thing to do, right?

Your point being?  That all women who have kids with different last names are poor parents, or that the kids are burnt-out dopers simply because they have different last names from their mothers?

That's like saying everyone who lives in Alaska is there because they can't cut it in normal, civilized society.  One does not necessarily lead to the other and jumping to the conclusion would be an ignorant, bigoted thing to do, right?

324643[/snapback]

I think ONE is OK. I know of women with kids that have three different last names.

Wonderful parenting and examples, that.

Your point being?  That all women who have kids with different last names are poor parents, or that the kids are burnt-out dopers simply because they have different last names from their mothers?

That's like saying everyone who lives in Alaska is there because they can't cut it in normal, civilized society.  One does not necessarily lead to the other and jumping to the conclusion would be an ignorant, bigoted thing to do, right?

324643[/snapback]

I can see how you'd deduce that after reading my posts for the last 5 years. Whatever.

I can see how you'd deduce that after reading my posts for the last 5 years.  Whatever.

324738[/snapback]

yeah seriously......is that guy mental or something :devil:

324643[/snapback]

Interesting how when people bring up parenting you wig out. It's almost as if you feel guilty about someting. Maybe you need to see a shrink or something. Wait for it............... :devil:

Interesting how when people bring up parenting you wig out.  It's almost as if you feel guilty about someting.  Maybe you need to see a shrink or something.  Wait for it............... :angry:

324880[/snapback]

No, it's actually the ignorance and bigotry that gets my goat. Jumping to a conclusion and condemning people based on their last name is not very different than jumping to the same conclusion based on skin color or any other characteristic.

Suppose someone has 5 foster kids? They all have different last names? Hmmmm? Oh shoot, why bother to find out, just jump to conclusions and make judgements. YOU are perfect after all, and others must meet your exactling high standards.

I have no qualms about my parenting skills. I'm not perfect but I'll put my sweet-natured, National Honor Society, Girl Scout, Community-Service-Award winning and first chair voilin kid up against any kid, any day. And I almost forgot, she's 16 and makes $9 an hour teaching small children swimming and lifeguarding - has even saved a kid from drowning (she didn't ask if the kid had the same last name as the parent first, thank goodness).

Her room is a pigsty though. Must be because her last name is different, trash tells eh?

:devil:

Oh shoot, why bother to find out, just jump to conclusions and make judgements.  YOU are perfect after all, and others must meet your exactling high standards.

Her room is a pigsty though.  Must be because her last name is different, trash tells eh?

:devil:

324906[/snapback]

Sorry, but I didn't jump to any conclusions regarding children with different names. That would have been someone else in this thread. That was YOU jumping to conclusions assuming that I agreed with him. By the way I don't.

As far as her working at a young age, that will only it's a great opportunity for her. I've been the work force since the age of 14 and taught me the importance of saving money.

I also wonder what makes kids live in a pigsty. My room, as well as all my sibling's rooms was very neat. But then again we all had the same last name. :angry:

Sorry, but I didn't jump to any conclusions regarding children with different names.  That would have been someone else in this thread.  That was YOU jumping to conclusions assuming that I agreed with him.  By the way I don't. 

As far as her working at a young age, that will only it's a great opportunity for her.  I've been the work force since the age of 14 and taught me the importance of saving money. 

I also wonder what makes kids live in a pigsty.  My room, as well as all my sibling's rooms was very neat.  But then again we all had the same last name.  :P

324932[/snapback]

Must be the genes...or jeans as the case may be.

My kid's facing $1300 in auto insurance, hence the job, which she happens to love.

By the way my husband's son has a different last name too, which didn't seem to affect his serving his country for a year in Baghdad and now as a "Statie" in TX. My brother in law has kids with three different last names, he served two hitches in the Marines, has a good job and those are some good kids although sometimes all the names confuse people.

I guess that perhaps one just needs to look a little past the surface in making judgements. Or perhaps come right out and says what one is thinking, which I suppose in the original complainer's case was that the woman has X kids by X men so she's a sleaze and erego poor mother.

Was that so hard to say? Had he had the guts to say it, I'd have agreed she's got problems, and throw in the fact there there may be ONE bad mother but probably also a BUNCH of bad fathers.

:D:D

Sorry, but I didn't jump to any conclusions regarding children with different names.  That would have been someone else in this thread.  That was YOU jumping to conclusions assuming that I agreed with him.  By the way I don't. 

As far as her working at a young age, that will only it's a great opportunity for her.  I've been the work force since the age of 14 and taught me the importance of saving money. 

I also wonder what makes kids live in a pigsty.  My room, as well as all my sibling's rooms was very neat.  But then again we all had the same last name.   :D

324932[/snapback]

Hey I got that album :D

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...359054?v=glance

:D:P

Was that so hard to say?  Had he had the guts to say it, I'd have agreed she's got problems, and throw in the fact there there may be ONE bad mother but probably also a BUNCH of bad fathers.

:D  :D

325021[/snapback]

What if all the father's had died in the war? You just can't stop being a hypocrite, can you? :P