Takeo Spikes’ favorite place to play: “Buffalo, hands down”

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Just looked it up - he ran a 4.58 in the 40 at the combine which is extremely fast for a linebacker. And in his career year with the Bills - 2004 - he had 5 picks and 18 passes defensed, which is just ridiculous for a LB. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SpikTa00.htm. And he had 4 forced fumbles too.

What a wasted talent.  I think he is like Kyle Williams that he made the playoffs once in his career.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Also, not sure if Pat Williams played on those teams.   I though Greg Williams thought he was too fat and he went on to play several good seasons for the Vikings.

Pat was classic a nose tackle who didn't fit into Gregg's scheme. GW disassembled a perfectly good 3-4 defense that ranked in the top five, and replaced it with the 4-3 he ran in Tennessee, because they ranked better the previous year. Never mind that we didn't have the personnel to play a 4-3, it's the scheme that counts, right?

17 hours ago, TheProcess said:

I was at that end of year game against the Bengals when neither team had anything to play for. I think that was essentially a recruiting trip for TKO. Crowd spent a good chunk of the game chanting his name to convince him to come here. Pretty cool. 

First off, LOVE me some TKO!  He's on my Bills all-timers list for sure...

I met Takeo quickly in 2014 - I him, told him I was a Bills fan (ok, and a TKO fan) and recounted the story of Bills fans chanting for him in that Cinci game.  He was like "That was AMAZING, I knew I had to go to Buffalo after that!"  

So yeah, your efforts were not wasted! 🙌 :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1