Rush Limbaugh on his way to prison.

then why are you here?

sounds like you have some deep seeded subconscious issues to work out.  you're either a bills fan at heart but afraid to admit it to yourself, or you're such an abject failure in your own life you that you can only feel good about yourself by identifying with something successful which you have nothing to do with and attempting to demean others who are not part of that

323969[/snapback]

Hey /dev, you forgot to add "Buh-bye" :lol:

Rather than insult people who post here and distort what they say you could have an actual informed, factual debate on an issue.  I think this board would be a better place if more of that happened here.

323808[/snapback]

I was looking around for something funny to read, and I came acros this.

Thank you.

Remain calm. All is well. There is nothing wrong with Social Security, because most of the people debating the issue now will be dead in 2041, and it will not be our problem then.

then why are you here?

sounds like you have some deep seeded subconscious issues to work out.  you're either a bills fan at heart but afraid to admit it to yourself, or you're such an abject failure in your own life you that you can only feel good about yourself by identifying with something successful which you have nothing to do with and attempting to demean others who are not part of that

323969[/snapback]

While that was interesting to read and all that, its pretty far from the truth.

I like it here. Why would I want to remain on a Pats board where everyone agrees with me in how great my team is? That and I take great interest in the entire NFL and like to talk with fans of other teams.

Awesome.  Now if only Bush will be dumb enough to propose a SS plan that cuts benefits we'll win both houses in 06 and not just two.

322908[/snapback]

Yeah, your prediction that the Dems will take both houses in 06 will probably pan out just like your Mock Draft predictions. Bum.

It will only get worse for the lefties in the coming elections, no one wants American-hating Americans running this country.

Yeah, your prediction that the Dems will take both houses in 06 will probably pan out just like your Mock Draft predictions. Bum.

It will only get worse for the lefties in the coming elections, no one wants American-hating Americans running this country.

325462[/snapback]

So what you are saying is:

Hate sells but doesn't sell?

Quite a quandry for the left when they are painted un-American?

Time will tell.

The American people are not ripe yet to see the mistakes of earlier generations.

Back to Rush's case and beyond:

It's easy to root against Rush in this, because of his hypocrisy in this matter, but I really cringe at the decision the court made. Why should the state have the right to pull in all his medical records in a fishing expedition, which may or may not pertain to the allegations involved? This can lead to so many bad things, no wonder the ACLU was on his side in this thing.

Remember -- Rush is not under any criminal indictment today. No charges at all yet. They're LOOKING for something to file charges on. Although the story doesn't explain it, I'm sure there are other ways for prosecutors to cull evidence of prescription abuse (DEA records and state pharmacy records, perhaps).

What will be cops and DA's limits here? Apparently none. If they suspect any patient, pharmacist, or doctor, they can apparently look into any record they want. And once those records go into police files, will this eventually go into CLUE databases for insurance companies, credit bureaus and employers to trade back and forth? Or even worse, medical facilities and doctors -- meaning you could end up on some prescription abuse watch list if you've ever had multiple codeine prescriptions. "Sorry, Mr. Favre. No demerol for you and your compound fracture."

Yeah, I hate Rush, too. But I think this goes too far.

From kos --

The Florida Supreme Court just rejected Rush Limbaugh's appeal to protect his medical records from State prosecutors.  Rush is now out of legal options, and will be unable to shield his records from prosecutors who are investigating him for "doctor shopping" for those little baby blue pills he loves so much

Limbaugh's records have been held under court seal after being seized by prosecutors.  Now, if the State issues an indictment, they will become part of the public record.

Game.  Set.  Match.  Limbaugh is going to jail and he's going away under mandatory minimum sentencing guidelines.  Defend his or attack his sentence and you're soft on crime and support drug abuse.

Awesome.  Now if only Bush will be dumb enough to propose a SS plan that cuts benefits we'll win both houses in 06 and not just two.

322908[/snapback]

If the law says he should go to jail, then he should go to jail. I think you enjoy that a little too much- the guy has a problem, and people shouldnt derive enjoyment from that just because they dont like what he says.

If the law says he should go to jail, then he should go to jail. I think you enjoy that a little too much- the guy has a problem, and people shouldnt derive enjoyment from that just because they dont like what he says.

331555[/snapback]

Limbaugh constantly (at least in the past) attacked drug users (people with problems?) and his comments consistantly show no tolerance or compassion for people with problems such as his. He also preaches conservative family values while on his (5th?) marriage, but that is neither here nor there. He is so grossly hypocritical on both counts, that I almost feel sympathy for him - almost. Perhaps a bit of the intolerance he preaches directed his way would help round him out as a person. Perhaps he wouldn't be so quick in the future to jump all over those he deems less virtuous and worthy than himself.

If anyone would tell you that the letter of the law should be followed in cases such as this, it would be Rush. I'd imagine he's recently changed his tune on this particular issue.

We're talking about a political talk show host on a political message board.  Judging from the number of responses to this topic, it looks like a lot of people care.

332926[/snapback]

have you read the thread? it looks like the only people who care are people who don't like him.....so....as BiB said....WTF Cares?

The funny thing is....Liberals who hate him seem to think that if he goes to prison...thats it. he goes away and you never hear from him again. Again...I don't listen to him and i don't care if he goes to jail....but...if you think that him going "away" is going to destroy him......you are just plain silly.