Carl Mauck - O-Line Coach

Hudson Houck coached the OL for the Chargers last year and did a pretty good job with a unit that was thought to be sub-par. 

322630[/snapback]

pretty good? i think your under-stating his contribution by a ton.......he made starters out of 3rd AND 7th round rookies last year.......and he turned around a TB reject at LT, and we all know how desprately they've been searching for help on the line.......

i think he did a fantastic job, which is why he got a new contract with the phins at almost 1M/season.......mauck won't come close to matching the production houck got out of them (excuse the rhyming)........

pretty good? i think your under-stating his contribution by a ton.......he made starters out of 3rd AND 7th round rookies last year.......and he turned around a TB reject at LT, and we all know how desprately they've been searching for help on the line.......

i think he did a fantastic job, which is why he got a new contract with the phins at almost 1M/season.......mauck won't come close to matching the production houck got out of them (excuse the rhyming)........

322660[/snapback]

NOW I understand what the hell happened. I didn't know where Mauck was last year. He's now in SD filling in for a guy who did great last season. Those poor O-Line guys in SD should be issued ear plugs.

I'll watch for mauck on the sidelines. He's a colorful character !

So colorful, he got ejected from a college "All-star" game earlier this year.

He's always been fun to watch though...the networks almost always got a shot of him on the sideline. However, too bad his coaching/teaching doesn't match his sideline carrying ons.

So colorful, he got ejected from a college "All-star" game earlier this year. 

He's always been fun to watch though...the networks almost always got a shot of him on the sideline.  However, too bad his coaching/teaching doesn't match his sideline carrying ons.

322718[/snapback]

They broke the mold after Dickerson and Mauck were born. Are these two OL geniuses distant cousins by chance?

They broke the mold after Dickerson and Mauck were born.  Are these two OL geniuses distant cousins by chance?

322721[/snapback]

I think Dickerson coached D-line for the Bills. He was a decent coach, but a loose cannon where Marv Levy wanted discretion and decorum.

as much as i hate to admit it, miami and saban pulled a coup enticing hudson houck to join the dolphin staff. carl mauck is a serious downgrade for the chargers. it's remarkable that he continues to get OL jobs in the NFL.

i agree he's entertaining on the sidelines, but his coaching prowess is questionable.

as much as i hate to admit it, miami and saban pulled a coup enticing hudson houck to join the dolphin staff.  carl mauck is a serious downgrade for the chargers.  it's remarkable that he continues to get OL jobs in the NFL.

i agree he's entertaining on the sidelines, but his coaching prowess is questionable.

323154[/snapback]

Mauck will be entertaining to me as long as he's on someone else's sideline. The SD O-Line must feel bad they lost their great coach. But to lose their coach and then have him replaced by Mauck is too much. Yep we'll be able to see Wade and Mauck on the same sideline again this season. Perhaps they'll make it a family thing and have Wade's daughter contribute to the halftime show?