Brandon Beanes Presser today…informative

Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

OK, then he could have been a distraction. I had forgotten about the meeting stuff, and even if the other players love your personality, that can cause issues, as can taking plays off. 

But do you really think the "use of weed" is an issue in today's NFL?  I suppose if some think it's part of the reason he is late and takes plays off, it could be. But aren't they just really mad he's late and takes plays off?  I really can't imagine a locker room caring if their teammates use pot, as long as they do their jobs. And aren't dumb enough to fail the test.

OK.  You've convinced me to do a 180 on this. I suppose he definately might have been a locker room issue.  

Dareus was definitely a locker room distraction.  Hence the reason McBeane dumped him for a 5th rounder and ate that massive cap hit.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Dareus was definitely a locker room distraction.  Hence the reason McBeane dumped him for a 5th rounder and ate that massive cap hit.

Yes I agree that played a part. But don't you think he was a bigger distraction to the FO?

6 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Yes I agree that played a part. But don't you think he was a bigger distraction to the FO?

No.  I think he was a huge distraction to McD.  Here he was trying to change the culture of the team and the star/highest-paid player is showing up late to meetings and games, taking plays off, and getting into off-field trouble.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

No.  I think he was a huge distraction to McD.  Here he was trying to change the culture of the team and the star/highest-paid player is showing up late to meetings and games, taking plays off, and getting into off-field trouble.

You answered NO to my question, but then explained why he would be a big distraction to the FO (HC included).

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

You answered NO to my question, but then explained why he would be a big distraction to the FO (HC included).

I don't consider McD to be FO per se.  But I do think his antics would be distracting to other players.

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't consider McD to be FO per se.  But I do think his antics would be distracting to other players.

OK. I get that. I consider "the locker room" to be the players. I consider the HC to be "management".  But we can agree to disagree.

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

OK. I get that. I consider "the locker room" to be the players. I consider the HC to be "management".  But we can agree to disagree.

Let me clarify and say that McD is obviously also part of the FO (I think he runs the show), but for the purposes of the Dareus discussion, he's "team" because he's in the locker room with the players and coached Dareus/them and saw what effect his attitude had on the other players and the culture he was trying to instill.  I doubt anyone other than Beane was in the lockerroom much, and he was probably there very little.