Jim Crow 2.0?

A couple of points to consider to get conversation started?

1- Is this considered an outgrowth of CRT?

2- Would white supremacists agree with the segregation being conducted in the Atlanta public schools?

3- What does it mean when black people are advocating for policies that have traditionally been promoted by white supremacists?

4- Is this segregation of the races supposed to be considered progress?

5- How is the country supposed to unify if kids are being taught to separate from each other?

Feel free to add other points as well...👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, TSOL said:

Has segregation ever really gone away? Buffalo, and WNY in general has always seemed pretty segregated to me. 

This is a good point...sometimes people do segregate in certain situations...I think the difference in this particular instance, however, is that the state (ie public school) is mandating segregation against people’s will...The mother made clear she did not want her child segregated from the other students, and the school would not oblige her...

I think this is an isolated incident where the worst thing the principal was guilty of is shortsightedness. Especially since black women are not traditionally know as oppressors, as a matter of fact, black women might be the MOST oppressed demographic in the last 500 years. 

I think it's more "woke" to try to turn this into segregation than the principals actions. Like I said, it was poorly thought out and short sighted. She probably reasoned it by saying "different kids learn differently, so let's try this" similar to how we may have private all boys or all girls schools. 

This incident, in my opinion, is no more racist than an all girls Christian/catholic  school is sexist 

1 minute ago, TSOL said:

I think this is an isolated incident where the worst thing the principal was guilty of is shortsightedness.

Especially since black women are not traditionally know as oppressors, as a matter of fact, black women might be the MOST oppressed demographic in the last 500 years. 

Thats true, but Liberals/Democrats are.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

A couple of points to consider to get conversation started?

1- Is this considered an outgrowth of CRT?

2- Would white supremacists agree with the segregation being conducted in the Atlanta public schools?

3- What does it mean when black people are advocating for policies that have traditionally been promoted by white supremacists?

4- Is this segregation of the races supposed to be considered progress?

5- How is the country supposed to unify if kids are being taught to separate from each other?

Feel free to add other points as well...👍

It’s the wrong way. My kids had no clue what race even was until last summer. Their friends are diverse their schools and sports are inclusive and they’ve seen known and been coached by, friends with, family, introduced to every letter of every PC branding acronym in the universe. 

No for sake of political division it’s all being undermined.