Jump to content

Conor McGregor


Buffalo716
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:


Nah, I’ve got 25 lbs on Mayweather and I’m in a fight I know I’m going to lose so I’m toughing it out.  One big shot, I’m staying down.  I’ve been hit harder than what Mayweather can throw.

Yeah, I mean I would be extremely happy to get my ass whooped to the extreme to receive a pay day like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:


Nah, I’ve got 25 lbs on Mayweather and I’m in a fight I know I’m going to lose so I’m toughing it out.  One big shot, I’m staying down.  I’ve been hit harder than what Mayweather can throw.

Keep us posted, guessing Vegas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Keep us posted, guessing Vegas.

 

You take these never going to happen hypotheticals pretty serious huh?

8 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

For $10 million.....I seriously wouldn't have a problem with it lol

 

What if you actually like the taste?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/11/2021 at 8:45 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

 

I think he might for the right amount of money!  😂🤣  He did just fight a ***** YouTuber for chrissakes!  He’s quick enough that he could probably evade or stuff any McGregor level changes.  Conor’s BJJ sucks anyway.  I’d lay a play down on Mayweather for sure.  I think he could piece him up.

 

 

 

Mayweather would of got destroyed if they played by MMA rules. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Gordio said:

 

 

Mayweather would of got destroyed if they played by MMA rules. 

 

Mayweather wouldn't last a round.

On 7/11/2021 at 8:45 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

 

I think he might for the right amount of money!  😂🤣  He did just fight a ***** YouTuber for chrissakes!  He’s quick enough that he could probably evade or stuff any McGregor level changes.  Conor’s BJJ sucks anyway.  I’d lay a play down on Mayweather for sure.  I think he could piece him up.

 

 

McGregor is a brown belt so his BJJ is very good.  He's not at the level of a Dustin Poirier but against someone with zero grappling skills....he would dominate Mayweather within a 20 seconds on the ground.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McGregor is a brown belt so his BJJ is very good.  He's not at the level of a Dustin Poirier but against someone with zero grappling skills....he would dominate Mayweather within a 20 seconds on the ground.

 

Compared to me, yes, Conor has very good BJJ.  Relative to most mma fighters with BJJ training Conor is dog *****.  Belts are overrated.  Conor used to have a decent guillotine whereby he would jump on his opponent’s head and then fall to the ground.  It’s not so effective anymore.  Just ask Dustin.

 

I thought of another top 10 guy who would completely starch Conor, btw.  Islam Makhachev.  He’s gonna get a title shot eventually.  I’d love to see him fight a Gaethje or Chandler.

 

To your point about Conor beating Mayweather under MMA rules...I agree.  Was just busting some McGregor fanboys’ stones that’s all.  I do think Mayweather might last longer than most expect, however, because he’s so elusive and his strike defense is incredible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

 

Compared to me, yes, Conor has very good BJJ.  Relative to most mma fighters with BJJ training Conor is dog *****.  Belts are overrated.  Conor used to have a decent guillotine whereby he would jump on his opponent’s head and then fall to the ground.  It’s not so effective anymore.  Just ask Dustin.

 

I thought of another top 10 guy who would completely starch Conor, btw.  Islam Makhachev.  He’s gonna get a title shot eventually.  I’d love to see him fight a Gaethje or Chandler.

 

To your point about Conor beating Mayweather under MMA rules...I agree.  Was just busting some McGregor fanboys’ stones that’s all.  I do think Mayweather might last longer than most expect, however, because he’s so elusive and his strike defense is incredible.


Belts are not overrated lol.   When you’re close to a black belt like he is, you’re good.  Poirier is a black belt and a better ground fighter but that doesn’t make Conor garbage.  Poirier baited him and it worked…but almost got caught.  
Conors guillotine didn’t just all of a sudden get worse with more training, Poirier is just better at defending it than Conor is at putting it on him.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:


Belts are not overrated lol.   When you’re close to a black belt like he is, you’re good.  Poirier is a black belt and a better ground fighter but that doesn’t make Conor garbage.  Poirier baited him and it worked…but almost got caught.  
Conors guillotine didn’t just all of a sudden get worse with more training, Poirier is just better at defending it than Conor is at putting it on him.
 

 

I could name 15 BJJ specialists in the lightweight division alone (many not even ranked) who would absolutely destroy Conor on the mat.  Conor, relative to other decent UFC competition, is not good at BJJ.  Everybody knows that.  And no, not all belts are created equally.  Depends on where you train.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

 

I could name 15 BJJ specialists in the lightweight division alone (many not even ranked) who would absolutely destroy Conor on the mat.  Conor, relative to other decent UFC competition, is not good at BJJ.  Everybody knows that.  And no, not all belts are created equally.  Depends on where you train.  


Yes, those are BJJ specialists.  Conor is more of a stand up fighter.  Just because he doesn’t prefer the ground doesn’t mean he’s garbage there.  
 

BJJ is not just about submissions.  Its your defense, its your body control, its your timing, its the way you cut angles etc….

 

Im about a year away from my purple belt.  The brown belts mop the floor with me as they should….2 of them are 60.  If you’re at a legit school, your belt is legit.  Conor’s BJJ coach is Dillon Danis, one of the best in the world.  If you’re a brown belt under him, you’re legit.

 

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/gilbert-burns-conor-mcgregors-jiu-jitsu-is-very-underrated/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:


Yes, those are BJJ specialists.  Conor is more of a stand up fighter.  Just because he doesn’t prefer the ground doesn’t mean he’s garbage there.  
 

BJJ is not just about submissions.  Its your defense, its your body control, its your timing, its the way you cut angles etc….

 

Im about a year away from my purple belt.  The brown belts mop the floor with me as they should….2 of them are 60.  If you’re at a legit school, your belt is legit.  Conor’s BJJ coach is Dillon Danis, one of the best in the world.  If you’re a brown belt under him, you’re legit.

 

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/gilbert-burns-conor-mcgregors-jiu-jitsu-is-very-underrated/

 

 

 

If I were McGregor I’d be asking for my money back because he’s not good on the ground.  I don’t care how you spin it 😂🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

 

If I were McGregor I’d be asking for my money back because he’s not good on the ground.  I don’t care how you spin it 😂🤣


I guess Gilbert Burns, Eddie Bravo and Dillon Danis frauds?

 

What makes you think his BJJ is bad…serious question.  
He has been submitted twice.  Once by the greatest grappler in MMA history.  The other by a high level Black Belt after being rocked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:


I guess Gilbert Burns, Eddie Bravo and Dillon Danis frauds?

 

What makes you think his BJJ is bad…serious question.  
He has been submitted twice.  Once by the greatest grappler in MMA history.  The other by a high level Black Belt after being rocked.

 

https://www.tapology.com/rankings/4051-worst-male-grappler-with-10-or-more-fights-in-the-ufc

 

I mean, tapology has him ranked as the 2nd worst male mma grappler with more than 10 fights.  

 

A lot of folks in the know feel that Conor is a “paper” BJJ brown belt.  He received his brown belt after knocking out Poirier in their first fight.  He didn’t earn it in a legit manner.  

 

Plus, I’ve watched every single one of his fights.  Well, at least all of his UFC fights.  He actually did better than I thought against Khabib.  Even though Khabib dominated him, he wasn’t able to “rag doll” and G&P him like he did to everyone else.

 

Other than the ones he lost to, what other good grapplers (other than Nate Diaz) has he beaten?  Conor never had to use his BJJ all that much...until he did.  Now we’re seeing how he stacks up with the better grapplers.  Not great.  I will concede that saying Conor is “trash” or “sucks” at BJJ is not accurate.  He is just not good compared to other mma grapplers.  I guess we can just agree to disagree, friend 🤷🏾‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...