Gonzo1105 Mock Draft

I know its getting tight but I always like to put out a 1st rounder and then readjust for Day 2 and so on. Hope you guys enjoy the quick read.

1.Jacksonville Jaguars- Trevor Lawrence QB Clemson

Pretty Easy pick here

2. New York Jets- Zach Wilson QB BYU

Also an easy choice

3. San Francisco 49ers- Mac Jones QB Alabama

All the tea leaves point to either Mac Jones or Trey Lance but the rumors have been much heavier for Jones. The real question would be why are they smoking the Jones stuff if they plan on taking Lance. There is no advantage to that in my opinion. Jones is probably going to be the guy.

4. Atlanta Falcons- Trey Lance QB North Dakota State

I know the popular opinion here is Kyle Pitts but I just can't see how a new coach and GM who are secure in their positions wouldn't take the QB of the future here especially with a guy who needs some development and can sit behind Matt Ryan for a year or two and learn the NFL game. Lance could be a game changer in that division and with a bad crop of QB's next year I would go with Lance here.

5. Cincinnati Bengals- Ja'Marr Chase WR LSU

This pick comes down to Chase vs Pitts in my opinion and the prior relationship with Joe Burrow and the smoke of Chase going here makes way to much sense. This decision will be a lot easier if Pitts is off the board. I don't think Sewell is even in play to be honest.

6. Miami Dolphins- Kyle Pitts TE Florida

Pitts is the best player available. Adds another dynamic TE for the Bills to try to figure out how to cover.

7. Detroit Lions- Jaylen Waddle WR Alabama

This comes down to Sewell, Slater, or Waddle. I went with Waddle because I think the drop off at WR from here to their next pick is much greater than them going for an OT in round 2. They lost their top 2 guys and need replacements and Waddle value is great here.

8. Carolina Panthers- Justin Fields QB Ohio State

I'm hesitant about this pick. Fields is going to go somewhere in the top 15. He fits what Rhule likes from his collegiate and professional days. I expect people to want to be trading up at this point as well

9. Denver Broncos- Penei Sewell OT Oregon

The drop for Sewell ends here with a guy that at worst locks down a spot on the OL for the next 10 years. Some question whether he is a LT but even so he can find a spot at RT or Guard. A safe first pick for a new GM

10. Dallas Cowboys-Jaycee Horn CB South Carolina

The Cowboys desperately need a defensive playmaker and ***** the only defensive guy in the top 10 in Horn.

11. New York Giants- Patrick Surtain CB Alabama

I was really tempted to pick Slater here but I feel that Surtain is a top 10 guy and Gettleman goes BPA here if he stays at 11(very likely)

12. Philadelphia Eagles- Davonta Smith WR Alabama

I'm not sure how good Smith is going to be in the NFL. The value meets the need here and they def need weapons one way or the other.

13. L.A. Chargers- Rashawn Slater OT Northwestern

I'm super high on Slater and actually think he is the best OT in this class even over Sewell. Despite that this is a great pick to protect Herbert.

14. Minnesota Vikings- Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech

This pick comes down to Darrisaw versus Tucker. Darrisaw provides more positional value because he is the more sure thing at OT and could be a really good guard if he falls at Tackle

15. New England Patriots- Micah Parsons LB Penn State

I'm not sure where Parsons is going to go. Obviously so talented, he could go higher and could go lower but Belichick is willing take a chance on a super talented playmaker

16. Arizona Cardinals- Greg Newsome CB Northwestern

I have always thought that the top 4 CBs would go super high. Now it might be 3 with the news of Farley needing more surgery. This pushes Newsome even higher up the board for CB needy teams.

17. Las Vegas Raiders- Justin Owusu Koramoah LB Notre Dame

A dynamic playmaker on defense and a guy that I think that Mayock and Gruden would both love to insert in their defense. If Fields slides, dont be surprised if it stops here.

18. Miami Dolphins- Kwity Paye DE Michigan

The first Defensive End off the board comes to the Miami Dolphins. The projection here makes sense and he is usually qualified as the safest DE prospect with the highest upside.

19. Washington FT- Alijah Vera Tucker OG USC

Tucker is probably BPA in my opinion at this point. Maybe not the biggest need they have but still a very good player and good value at this point.

20. Chicago Bears- Elijah Moore WR Miss

Moore is a dynamic playmaker who is going to go much higher in this draft than he is projected. The bears clearly need a QB but they are all gone by this time and get the next best thing a WR

21. Indianapolis Colts- Jaelen Phillips DE Miami

Despite the concerns about retirement and the head injuries he's probably the most talented DE in this draft and the Colts love that type of value

22. Tennessee Titans- Jayson Oweh DE Penn State

The run on Defensive Ends continues. I know Oweh is kind of boom or bust but his upside is enormous and I think he could even go higher than this projection.

23. New York Jets- Tevin Jenkins OT Oklahoma State

Jenkins is a mauler that they can put at RT or Guard and be fine. He also provides more protection for their new QB in same mold as Mekhi Becton last year.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers- Najee Harris RB Alabama

To be fair, this pick makes a ton of sense from a need and a scheme/personnel fit. For some reason it makes a lot of sense but I'm not sure its going to happen. I'm skeptical here.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars- Christian Barmore DT Alabama

Barmore is the best DT in this draft and meets the need. The Jaguars and Urban Meyer are going to go with guys they are familiar with. He saw a lot of Barmore up front while watching his former team in Ohio State

26. Cleveland Browns- Zaven Collins LB Tulsa

I was kind of going to go DE with this pick. With the signing of Clowney its less of a need but they do need a LB and Collins kind of gives them a little bit of both.

27. Baltimore Ravens- Azeez Ojulari DE/LB Georgia

This just strikes me as Ravens type of pick. Replaces Judon, not spectacular in any facet but a solid all around football player.

28. New Orleans Saints- Tyson Campbell CB Georgia

The news is that the Saints really want a CB and I think Campbell is the best of the next wave of CB's. Not including the injured Farley. Campbell to me presents value that makes perfect sense here.

29. Green Bay Packers- Rashod Batemen WR Minnesota

With the Rodgers news today, I'm not sure if Rodgers is playing the I want a lot of money game, the you better get me weapons in this draft game, a combination of both, or simply he wants to get out. Either way this is going to be an offensive position somewhere to help him.

30. Buffalo Bills- Travis Etienne RB Clemson

I'm not gonna lie I dont love the pick. He is the right fit for the Bills when it comes to our passing offense. If they are going to take him at 30 and dont trade up. I personally would take Joe Tryon here, I just feel the Bills wants to add more dynamite to their offense to keep up with the Chiefs.

31. Baltimore Ravens- Liam Eichenberg OT Notre Dame

Just another guy who is a good solid football player and is the replacement for Orlando Brown who they just traded to the Chiefs. A pure RT

32. Tampa Bay Bucs- Jamin Davis LB Kentucky

To me the Bucs can go in a number of different directions here but Davis has been a huge climber and is going to slide into this range. He would give the Bucs defense more versatility and is the eventual replacement for Lavote David.