Miami's RB MaGahee, WR Parrish, and TE Everett

Now that I have had a chance to calm down after the draft I have a question for those College football buffs about Everett. How good do you think he can be? I know he hasn't prooven anything in the NFL yet but I expect him to and that is Kellen Winslow Jr. Do you think Everett could be as good as say Shockey, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten, Kellen Winslow jr. in time? I know that is asking alot of Everett to be as good as those guys I am just curious.

Now that I have had a chance to calm down after the draft I have a question for those College football buffs about Everett. How good do you think he can be? I know he hasn't prooven anything in the NFL yet but I expect him to and that is Kellen Winslow Jr. Do you think Everett could be as good as say Shockey, Tony Gonzalez, Jason Witten, Kellen Winslow jr. in time? I know that is asking alot of Everett to be as good as those guys I am just curious.

318857[/snapback]

Look at his predescessors:

Bubba Franks

Jeremy Shockey

Winslow Jr.

He is faster than Winslow Jr. who is touted as perhaps the best TE prospect ever to come out of college.

The U produces good TE, good CB, and good RB

With that said, I could see him being like a Freddie Jones or a Marcus Pollard but that doesn't rule out the possibility of becoming a TE that is mentioned in the "elite" class of TE.

318857[/snapback]

I don't think it'd take much to be as good as the Fuggin' SOLJA himself. All Everett will need to do is run his mouth off about how great he is and fracture his fibula in the second game.

This is the thing about Everett.....

It is a given that he is a pass catching weapon.....his speed and ability to get downfield are very underated.....keep in mind that he is still pretty new to the position (I think he is a former DE) I noticed that he has a swim move that he uses that DE's learn to use on the line to get separation.....

This makes him a Antonio Gates type player.....NOW....what makes him possibly a special player is the fact that this guy can block...and I am not talking about a wall off blocker like Campbell or a guy who tries hard but is undersized like Euhus.....this guys delivers KNOCKDOWN BLOCKS......

He is going to be a starter on our team very very soon.........

This is the thing about Everett.....

It is a given that he is a pass catching weapon.....his speed and ability to get downfield are very underated.....keep in mind that he is still pretty new to the position (I think he is a former DE) I noticed that he has a swim move that he uses that DE's learn to use on the line to get separation.....

This makes him a Antonio Gates type player.....NOW....what makes him possibly a special player is the fact that this guy can block...and I am not talking about a wall off blocker like Campbell or a guy who tries hard but is undersized like Euhus.....this guys delivers KNOCKDOWN BLOCKS......

He is going to be a starter on our team very very soon.........

318870[/snapback]

The other thing about our tight ends is that they are guearanteed to get great coaching given that Mularkey was a tight end. I am sure that others have said as much. The only thing I am worried about is that the tight end was never highly involved in the passing game during his time in Pittsburgh. Perhaps this was only because of a lack of talent at the position given that Pittsburgh used its first round pick on a tight end.

Another point here is that Mularkey & Co. seem unafraid to let rookies and other young guys play! So, even though Everett may be considered "raw", he will likely be given every opportunity to learn and soon contribute.

Likewise with Roscoe, who at least has like 3 yrs as a starter (or as a contributor).

I think it's a very exciting pair of new offensive weapons.