T.A. Mclendon to Atlanta

jreed82

If Henry does get traded, we are looking at Mcgahee, Shaud, and Gates as RB's on the roster. I sure hope Gates shows us something. I gotta believe the plan is to keep Henry at this point. If not, the Bills would have made a better effort at bringing in players such as Mclendon or Reyes.

Is Ryan Grant still available?

The Bills obviously had Gates rated higher than Mclendon or Reyes as thet were still both on the board when we selected in round 7. I trust the Bills scouting department, and think Lionel will turn into a nice player for us. He's similar to McGahee as far as his physical attributes and he also posses decent speed. He's not a blazer, but he's got some decent speed and can make a guy miss.

Another thing I like about Gates is he's relatively fresh. He shared a lot of his carries in college so his numbers may have allowed him to be overlooked, but it also kept him relatively fresh. Also the Bills may think this guy can make a better contribution to special teams when compared to Mclendon or Reyes.

Remember last year how we were pissed at Henry for "tripping" over the yard line and not getting a first down? Well McClendon would not only trip over that line, but he would also get injured and be out for three weeks. I'm a bit of an NC State fan and I did like what McClendon did for them, but he missed way too many games to take seriously in the NFL. I hope he proves me wrong and does well in the NFL, but I just don't see him lasting longer than 3 years.

Remember last year how we were pissed at Henry for "tripping" over the yard line and not getting a first down?  Well McClendon would not only trip over that line, but he would also get injured and be out for three weeks.  I'm a bit of an NC State fan and I did like what McClendon did for them, but he missed way too many games to take seriously in the NFL.  I hope he proves me wrong and does well in the NFL, but I just don't see him lasting longer than 3 years.

319089[/snapback]

He might last 3 years but only in calendar time, guy cant stay healthy so think 2 - 4 games a year. I remember his freshman year at State looked like a great back in making but even than always had that nagging injury alot like Travis

He might last 3 years but only in calendar time, guy cant stay healthy so think 2 - 4 games a year.  I remember his freshman year at State looked like a great back in making but even than always had that nagging injury alot like Travis

319167[/snapback]

Yeah, but I wouldn't compare to Travis, TH was a lot tougher. Henry would play through a lot of semi serious injuries.