Cardinals released OL Clement

What I heard is TD like Shelton but the coaches did not. I'm sure he passed the physical. However with Shelton sitting-out OTA's and probably sitting out more workouts, he'll force their hand to release him, again no later than June 1st. And I think he'd probably shy-away from joining the Bills, after what's gone on, and I can't say I blame him. But if the Bills didn't think he was worth getting initially, I doubt they would be interested anyway.

What I heard is TD like Shelton but the coaches did not.  I'm sure he passed the physical.  However with Shelton sitting-out OTA's and probably sitting out more workouts, he'll force their hand to release him, again no later than June 1st.  And I think he'd probably shy-away from joining the Bills, after what's gone on, and I can't say I blame him.  But if the Bills didn't think he was worth getting initially, I doubt they would be interested anyway.

319034[/snapback]

I too am surprised by Shelton sitting out. That doesn't seem in character for him. Things must be real bad between him and Denny at this point. I still would like to see Shelton here. Unless Shelton forces his cutting I really don't see the Cards cutting him. He is too good and can play every spot on the line except center.

For all the writers calling Donahoe greedy, I have yet to read what exactly he turned down for Henry other than Shelton, who the Bills didn't really want and who carries a salary of $3m per year, and nothing higher than a 4th round pick. Even if you don't particularly care for Henry's game, giving him up for either of those scenarios seems like you are rewarding him for his antics. Also throw in the fact that the Bills are one of the top teams if not the top at uncovering undrafted gems, I would much rather see the Bills put their foot down and tell travis you are either playing or not getting paid this year, instead of getting a 4th round pick for the guy.

For all the writers calling Donahoe greedy, I have yet to read what exactly he turned down for Henry other than Shelton, who the Bills didn't really want and who carries a salary of $3m per year, and nothing higher than a 4th round pick.  Even if you don't particularly care for Henry's game, giving him up for either of those scenarios seems like you are rewarding him for his antics.  Also throw in the fact that the Bills are one of the top teams if not the top at uncovering undrafted gems, I would much rather see the Bills put their foot down and tell travis you are either playing or not getting paid this year, instead of getting a 4th round pick for the guy.

319061[/snapback]

Agreed, I wouldn't take anything less than a 3rd for him. He has proved his toughness and that he can get the yardage even with a bad OLine.

Just got off the Cardinals message board looking for comments on Clement's release and they've completly lost it, here's one card fan...

Bills,

Man I hope your pathetic excuse for a team goes 0-16 this year. I want every team to not only beat them but pulverize them beyond oblivion. I never felt this way about the Bills until they tried to justify not trading for LJ straight up and their pathetic draft that they just had.

Bills fans are just a bunch of crying little whiney b1tches. I have never seen such pathetic fans as the Bills. I guess that is what happens to you though when everyone else in the AFC East has actually won a SUPER BOWL!

This is from a fan who's team supposedly has just had the top draft of the entire league.

:o  :o  ;)  :w00t:

318676[/snapback]

Yeah my boss has said a couple of people on our board have come over to theirs and talked some smack. :D

I think its funny, we made a good move not trading Henry for some marginal talent or a low pick that wouldnt have contributed. he will play for us this year and will be the best backup in the league if we dont trade him. So at this point sportswriters are only passing judgment based upon the fact that they dont look like they know what theyre talking about cause the were way off. We ever liked Shelton in a straight up trade and i daresay we only really would have done the trade to move up in the 2nd cause he's only serviceable. The cardinals do not have fans, their stadium is always half empty, they are the definition of fairweather. Theres a high school football team there that gets more people at their games than the Cards and Im not kidding about that. In the meantime, we'll be going to the playoffs this year with the roster we have, they will be going home.

Cardinals | Shelton Absent from Start of OTA - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 25 Apr 2005 14:27:54 -0700

Mike Jurecki, of XTRA Sports 910 in Arizona, reports Arizona Cardinals OT L.J. Shelton was a no-show for the team's on-field training session Monday, April 25.

And things get more and more interesting in Camp Cardinal.

318675[/snapback]

Ahh but the facts:

From the Arizona Republic. So Shelton didn't skip, he was given permission. Big difference in reporting there.

"Offensive tackle L.J. Shelton was excused from the workouts. The team is trying to trade him. Wide receiver Bryant Johnson missed practice because he is attending classes at Penn State."

Do we in fact KNOW that Shelton was the Card player to be traded for Henry ...... could it be that Denny was offering Clement for Henry, and THAT's the player TD wasn't impressed with????????

I don't know for sure, but I think the facts were the Cards and Bills had an offer of a potential trade on the table ...... and I also think we all assumed the player was Shelton ........ was his name ever officially connected to the trade, or was it an assumtion by us and the reporters because of the chilly relationship between Shelton and Green?

Wow, Clement is signing in Denver. I never thought much of Clement and he really wasn;t considered that good but if Denver is adding him to their Oline, that should say something about him. Makes you wonder if old Denny Green isn't screwing the pooch on his Oline.