6 teams have until 4 pm tomorrow to get under the cap

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm more surprised they havent been tweeted about by the media tho. The Bears had some big moves to make to drop $20M.

Although they did restructure Mack this week to save about $10M, and I'm not sure that was counted in spotrac's $20M figure.

Spotrac has Chicago at $4.55M over.  But that includes the franchise tag contract of Allen Robinson, which is $17.88M.  He hasn’t signed it yet so it doesn’t count.  They get time (1 or 2 days) to get under if/when he signs it. So they are comfortably under for the time being.  Saints have the same thing going on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Spotrac has Chicago at $4.55M over.  But that includes the franchise tag contract of Allen Robinson, which is $17.88M.  He hasn’t signed it yet so it doesn’t count.  They get time (1 or 2 days) to get under if/when he signs it. So they are comfortably under for the time being.  Saints have the same thing going on. 

Well this is no fun.

I was really looking forward to a last minute team meltdown to get under.

Just goes to show, the cap isn't as difficult or as big of a deal as us fans make it out to be. I'm sure there are lots of people in each Org working hard to get their numbers right, but it always seems that even the teams in the most dire situations make it under without much issue. Womp.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well this is no fun.

I was really looking forward to a last minute team meltdown to get under.

Just goes to show, the cap isn't as difficult or as big of a deal as us fans make it out to be. I'm sure there are lots of people in each Org working hard to get their numbers right, but it always seems that even the teams in the most dire situations make it under without much issue. Womp.

It’s been an odd year.  Teams with cap issues have really done a lot to push hits off until next season and beyond.  Ones with a surplus are eating it up and making space as needed.  It makes sense given the circumstances.  It sure looked like it could be bad at first, but teams figured out how to work it.

On 3/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, buffalover4life said:

'What Happens if they don't?

Honest question

I believe rules state if violation after this exists then the team will have 7 days to explain their cap situation and until then any added players or trades will not be allowed.

Fair question 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I was just wondering that very same thing.

this above

"If the deal does violate the cap, then the NFL will reject it. If a team releases or trades a player and the signing bonus acceleration puts a team over the Salary Cap, the team will have seven days to conform with the Salary Cap. However, they may not sign any players until there is room to do so under the Salary Cap."

Edited by PrimeTime101