The Joe Biden Death Tally

12 hours ago, WideNine said:

All over the map is an exaggeration. The guidance changes from Fauci were minimal and in lockstep with  best practice protocols as they evolved.

Fauci is a world-renowned physician-scientist and immunologist. He is not a politician, he is not running for office, and likely has enough bank to live on.

He has served at the behest of Presidential administrations from Reagan up to Trump, democrat and republican with distinction for 50 years. 

Trump was the first to demonize and politicize the man because he dared to contradict Trump's kindergarten-level medical knowledge and dangerous advice that was politically motivated.

The only unelected Washington staffers who last as long as Dr F are people who make no waves, and are essentially invisible. As to being pretty sure he has enough to live on, he better, it’s been reported that he’s the highest paid federal employee at over $400k per year and at 80 I’m sure he’ll be just fine. And finally as to Trump demonizing him, I’d disagree. While the media wanted to stir up a rift between the two (in order to score points against the President) Trump refused to take the bait and repeatedly expressed his thanks to the good Doctor. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The only unelected Washington staffers who last as long as Dr F are people who make no waves, and are essentially invisible. As to being pretty sure he has enough to live on, he better, it’s been reported that he’s the highest paid federal employee at over $400k per year and at 80 I’m sure he’ll be just fine. And finally as to Trump demonizing him, I’d disagree. While the media wanted to stir up a rift between the two (in order to score points against the President) Trump refused to take the bait and repeatedly expressed his thanks to the good Doctor. 

And the career scientist known throughout the world, who is sought for his advice and guidance needs his federal paycheck?

He at 80 could easily sit back and rest on his laurels, or just take cushy speaking engagements, or figure out where to spend this latest award:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/16/world/fauci-is-awarded-a-1-million-prize-in-israel-including-for-speaking-truth-to-power.html

Expressed thanks whaaat???

Trump is notorious for talking out of both sides of his mouth. Mixing just enough praise to deflect from his efforts to undermine someone who has a high approval rating. This is so obvious.

Case in point where Trump blatantly tries to paint Fauci as a nice BUT incompetent old guy. This coming from the 74 year old who was pushing an unproven malaria drug and bleach.

"People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots — these people, these people that have gotten it wrong," Trump said. "Fauci’s a nice guy. He’s been here for 500 years. He called every one of them wrong. And he’s like this wonderful guy, a wonderful sage telling us how" to respond to the pandemic.

He retweeted #firefauci in April 2020.

"If I listened to him, we’d have 500,000 deaths," Trump continued,

The above comments which I interpret as Trump NOT listening to Fauci's advice, came during the same interview where he made repeated false statements about the election laying the groundwork for his insurrection followers...

Trump added that there's "a lot of cheating going on," claiming without evidence that Democrats will do so in order to defeat him.

"You know they'll be cheating like crazy because they always cheat," he said. "The only way we can lose this election is if they cheat. OK, that's the only way."

“Tony’s pitching arm is far more accurate than his prognostications. ‘No problem, no masks,’” Mr. Trump tweeted Tuesday morning, 

This was after Fauci wanted his campaign to remove an ad that used his words out of context to make it appear that he was praising Trump's administration handling of the pandemic.