The Joe Biden Death Tally

9 minutes ago, T master said:

Personally we had a uncle they tried to list as having covid when he had Lymphoma for over 5 yrs which he finally passed from & if we hadn't asked the Dr. it too would have been listed as him having covid .

Could you please elaborate on this?  The doctor initially listed it as Covid, and then changed it, because you said it wasn't Covid?  Are you saying the doctor claimed Covid with a negative test result, because that's the only way you could prove it wasn't Covid?  I find it hard to believe he suspected Covid, and then you said, oh no it was Lymphoma, so he changed the death certificate.  If he was unaware of his medical background, then that's poor medicine, but lymphoma isn't usually going to cause massive chest congestion.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wrong.My aunt died last week. It all happened very fast. Nice try.

I wrote "most" not "all".   

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The current President inherited a country with a stocked cabinet of PPE, ventilators and three working vaccines. That’s a lot better position than the last President inherited. That just a fact. The reason people are pointing out the Biden deaths is BECAUSE all of this is silly! Neither President is responsible for Covid deaths. The virus is all over the planet for God’s sake. 

Nobody said Trump was responsible for the coronavirus. 

28 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here we disagree. There’s more than one way to handle any crisis. Trump decided to play it down publicly so he could work behind the scenes to get infrastructure in place. Which he did. It may not be the strategy that you’d have used but it was not accidental. Knowing what he knew, he decided that a full-on public panic wouldn’t have changed anything. 

Trump never worked "behind the scenes to get infrastructure in place".   He left state and local officials to deal with the crisis as best they could, from acquiring PPE to requiring mask wearing.  Instead of using the "bully pulpit" that the POTUS has, Trump used it to lie about the danger that the pandemic presented even before there were confirmed cases in the US; he continuously downplayed the seriousness of the pandemic to public health such as comparing it to the seasonal flu and claiming it would just "disappear" to the very end of his administration;  he politicized mitigation practices like mask wearing and social distancing; Trump promoted unproven and sometimes dangerous "cures" for the coronavirus like hydroxychloroquine or injecting bleach; he repeatedly held campaign rallies and other events without requiring masks or social distancing, some of which turned  out to be super spreader events; and, finally, while Trump bragged about the rapid development of covid 19 vaccines, his administration failed to create serious plans for vaccine distribution.

What is silly about your posts is the mental gymnastics you've engaged in to excuse Trump's mishandling of the American response to the coronavirus. 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Could you please elaborate on this?  The doctor initially listed it as Covid, and then changed it, because you said it wasn't Covid?  Are you saying the doctor claimed Covid with a negative test result, because that's the only way you could prove it wasn't Covid?  I find it hard to believe he suspected Covid, and then you said, oh no it was Lymphoma, so he changed the death certificate.  If he was unaware of his medical background, then that's poor medicine, but lymphoma isn't usually going to cause massive chest congestion.

No while in the hospital for Lymphoma treatments with stem cell therapy a nurse put him down as having covid which was never told to us by the Dr. so when our Aunt talked to the Dr. & asked why he put him down as having covid he said he didn't so he looked into it personally .

After the Dr. checked into it he told us he didn't put that on the chart but the nurse deemed him to be positive which was the head nurse on our uncles case & said she put it down . Never did get her reason .

But after that she was all apologetic & was just trying to cover her ass for putting it on his chart which they changed sorry for the confusion ...

1 minute ago, T master said:

No while in the hospital for Lymphoma treatments with stem cell therapy a nurse put him down as having covid which was never told to us by the Dr. so when our Aunt talked to the Dr. & asked why he put him down as having covid he said he didn't so he looked into it personally .

After the Dr. checked into it he told us he didn't put that on the chart but the nurse deemed him to be positive which was the head nurse on our uncles case & said she put it down . Never did get her reason .

But after that she was all apologetic & was just trying to cover her ass for putting it on his chart which they changed sorry for the confusion ...

Nurses are not allowed to diagnose

Just now, daz28 said:

Nurses are not allowed to diagnose

I know that's why there was the big question in my Aunts mind why was it put on the chart in the first place .

Who knows what happened behind the scene maybe the Dr. was the one that put it on the chart but when we followed up on why, they changed it weather it was the nurse or the Dr. but the nurse was the one that told us he had been diagnosed with covid first but the Dr. said he knew nothing about that .

4 minutes ago, T master said:

I know that's why there was the big question in my Aunts mind why was it put on the chart in the first place .

Who knows what happened behind the scene maybe the Dr. was the one that put it on the chart but when we followed up on why, they changed it weather it was the nurse or the Dr. but the nurse was the one that told us he had been diagnosed with covid first but the Dr. said he knew nothing about that .

He was being treated for an illness he didn't have, because a nurse put a diagnosis in the EMR.  That's an open and shut malpractice suit.  You are going to be millionaires.

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Typical Republicans - passing on an absolute disaster to the next occupant of the White House.

Before covid there was no disaster to speak of and seeing as Trump didn't kill George Floyd which was the big reason for a lot of the rioting this past yr is that the "absolute disaster" ?

Sure he should have shut up about the Kneeling thing but what "absolute disaster" that he directly him self caused is it that you speak of ?

If you mean Covid (which is all the Republicans fault) how exactly would you have handled and who could have handled it any better not knowing a thing about the virus other than closing travel which he did and putting together a task force to figure out how to and what to do from that point moving forward ?

Just wondering ? Thanks ahead of time . 

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Before covid there was no disaster to speak of and seeing as Trump didn't kill George Floyd which was the big reason for a lot of the rioting this past yr is that the "absolute disaster" ?

Sure he should have shut up about the Kneeling thing but what "absolute disaster" that he directly him self caused is it that you speak of ?

If you mean Covid (which is all the Republicans fault) how exactly would you have handled and who could have handled it any better not knowing a thing about the virus other than closing travel which he did and putting together a task force to figure out how to and what to do from that point moving forward ?

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

He was being treated for an illness he didn't have, because a nurse put a diagnosis in the EMR.  That's an open and shut malpractice suit.  You are going to be millionaires.

He was not being treated the nurse told us that he had covid and until that time no one had said anything about it then the next time we talked to the Dr. which was the next day he said let me check into it and got back to us he said no he didn't have covid apologized and didn't understand why the head nurse said he had it when he didn't which the nurse then apologized many times .

He was not being treated the nurse told us that he had covid and until that time no one had said anything about it then the next time we talked to the Dr. which was the next day he said let me check into it and got back to us he said no he didn't have covid apologized and didn't understand why the head nurse said he had it when he didn't which the nurse then apologized many times .

If she put him down for Covid, because she deemed him positive, then why wasn't he being treated?  That's also malpractice.  This isn't making sense.  You can't just erase medical records, so the malpractice is clearly documented.  She should be apologizing with her career and a few million bucks

40 minutes ago, daz28 said:

If she put him down for Covid, because she deemed him positive, then why wasn't he being treated?  That's also malpractice.  This isn't making sense.  You can't just erase medical records, so the malpractice is clearly documented.  She should be apologizing with her career and a few million bucks

You got me i just heard of all this second actually 3rd hand from my wife so your guess is as goos as mine i do know he died shortly after this so maybe due to that they didn't think of anything other than the apology which all happened this summer and she has a form off cancer also so i guess with all else going on it was just put aside .

You got me i just heard of all this second actually 3rd hand from my wife so your guess is as goos as mine i do know he died shortly after this so maybe due to that they didn't think of anything other than the apology which all happened this summer and she has a form off cancer also so i guess with all else going on it was just put aside .

There was all kinds of sketchy things with my brother not long ago.  I suspect our severely overpriced health care is many times not up to snuff, and they get away with it a lot.  

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

What's the exit strategy to return to full normal?

What are the metrics?  Aren't they deaths?  Hospitalizations?

What happened to "flatten the curves?"

Why was Joe saying "if we wear these masks for the next year we'll save a lot of lives?"

If you say the goal is now herd immunity via vaccine, but that might not be possible (as it says on the CDC website), then what?

This isn't a war against a foreign nation the public has no business knowing the strategy.  

Every single scenario you're secretly discussing behind close doors that has stopped normal life and opens the door to you redefining permanently what that is, need to be shared with the country.

Take a look at the stats - we ARE turning the corner.

Now, if it turns out the vaccines are not effective against new mutations or something similar, we may be back where we were a year ago. Thankfully the doesn't appear to be the case:

https://covid19-projections.com/path-to-herd-immunity/

The best projections show the US getting somewhere close to herd immunity in the summer of 2021. Yes, it's been a horrible year. No, we don't have COVID-19 under control yet. No, even if the USA turns it into a controllable disease, like seasonal flu, we aren't anywhere close to that for the world as a whole. But the scenario is pretty optimistic right now. Obviously prudent mitigation efforts are in order until we approach something like herd immunity. And that includes masks, minimizing large potential superspreader events, etc. But we are moving toward what will look like a relatively normal world sometime this summer. I actually think large OUTDOOR events this summer are perfectly feasible barring something unforeseen (like a more virulent strain taking over). 

Lighten up. We are winning. I don't care who takes credit or blame anymore. 

And if supporters of the past administration could only stay on message (and that includes the former president himself): Operation Warp Speed has been an amazing success story. 

1 hour ago, T master said:

Democrats saying "what riots? the trump riots in jan the only riots we know of"

Dems are truly wolves pretending to be sheep victims.

Edited by Unforgiven

Reported Cases

Compared with a national peak of 314,093 cases reported to CDC on January 8, 2021, the daily number of cases has declined by 69%. The current 23% decrease in the 7-day average number of daily cases reported also provides an encouraging sign of recent progress. Even with these declines, however, the 97,309 cases reported on February 11 remains higher than what was seen during either of the first two peaks in the pandemic.

New Cases Reported

Current 7-Day Average

Total Cases Reported

Prior 7-Day Average

High

-22.5%
Change in 7-Day Average

Daily Trends in COVID-19 Cases in the United States Reported to CDC

7-Day moving average

More data.

resize iconView Larger

Just now, Unforgiven said:

Democrats saying "what riots? the trump riots in jan the only riots we know of"

The best analogue to the storming of the Capitol was not antifa riots last summer. It was the "occupation" of the Wisconsin State Capitol in protest to Gov. Scott Walker's elimination of union rights, etc. It's fair to compare those two. Thankfully those did not result in death and destruction. But they were aimed not just at protest, but also at slowing or stopping the operations of the legislature in support of a certain goal.

Street rioting last summer that was more about unfocused attacks on private and public property isn't analogous to a storming of a legislative session with the purpose of preventing the operations of government from reaching a pre-ordained result. 

We need to compare apples to apples. The Dems in Wisconsin share some of the blame for providing a kind of roadmap for Trump and his supporters. The antifa rioters, not so much.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I didn’t start this thread. You’re free not to click on it. 

I think you generate more “just go away” responses than anyone.  

I’m sorry to hear about your aunt. One of my friends lost her 90 year old father, and a friend told me today that’s friend of hers died at 58.  Happened over 3 or 4 days.  

I don’t necessarily agree with the premise of the thread btw. The blame for COVID rests primarily with the Chinese govt, and our political system certainly did not lend itself to a quick recovery on a virus of this nature.  

It is fair, however, to hold Biden accountable for his actions and comments preCOVID (complaining about Xenophobia and the like, failing to speak out about the inherent dangers of massive protests throughout the summer etc), and he certainly benefited from the massive efforts by the Trump Admin and private enterprise in having vaccines at the ready when he took office.   It sounds as if there is dysfunction in his delivery system, and he had plenty of time to plan his federal response in that regard.  

22 minutes ago, Beast said:

2061ADF7-D291-4588-A41E-7E533EB60C6D.jpeg

It's really too bad that Trump wouldn't allow Biden's team access, because he was selling his won by a landslide BS instead.  

President Biden announced Thursday his administration has finalized an order for 200 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccine to be delivered by July 2021, adding to the 400 million doses that the Trump administration had already ordered from Pfizer and Moderna by that date. The two drug companies both produce a two-shot regimen, so the total 600 million doses will vaccinate 300 million people — most of the U.S. population.

"Within three weeks, round-the-clock work of so many people, people standing behind me and in front of me, we've now purchased enough vaccine supply to vaccinate all Americans and now we're working to get those vaccines in the arms of millions of people," Mr. Biden said in remarks at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

Edited by daz28