Decision on Kelce Coverage

Old Coot

1 hour ago, AmishRifle said:

I believe in the growth mindset that McDermott preaches.  We will use this game to fuel the off-season.  It will guide personnel selection, coaching, and player improvement plans.  I agree with most posters that the defensive concept was not up to the task.  We can’t change that now.  The important piece is to accept it, develop a plan, and move forward.  The Playoffs expose your weaknesses.  We were good enough to have 3 games provide us the information we need to move forward.  It sucks right now but this moment should propel us forward!  Keep the faith Bills fans.  There’s more to come!

Does this mindset apply to the HC and his staff as well?  Two times this season he was out-classed by Reid, and his coordinators by their opponents.   

The HC, now that he's won games in the post-season, needs to take a long look in the mirror and recognize that for this team to move forward he likewise must.  That means being aggressive when it's not the most convenient. 

Part of that will be revising schemes and finding personnel who can compete with the best. 

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Does this mindset apply to the HC and his staff as well?  Two times this season he was out-classed by Reid, and his coordinators by their opponents.   

The HC, now that he's won games in the post-season, needs to take a long look in the mirror and recognize that for this team to move forward he likewise must.  That means being aggressive when it's not the most convenient. 

Part of that will be revising schemes and finding personnel who can compete with the best. 

Hey BillsVet!  I 100% agree.  The Head Coach does need to look in the mirror.  It’s not the first time we’ve run into the “Play/Coach Fearless” type of conversation with this staff.  I think, and hope, that they’ll make some changes.