Daboll & Allen vs. the Ravens

Daboll is a fake media driven false narrarive.

Nobody in the NFL wants Daboll. There is a reason why nobody wanted Daboll last offseason, and nobody wants Daboll this year once again. People in NFL circles do not think highly of him.

The media hypes/props up Daboll to hate on Allen and take credit away from him.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Daboll is a fake media driven false narrarive.

Nobody in the NFL wants Daboll. There is a reason why nobody wanted Daboll last offseason, and nobody wants Daboll this year once again. People in NFL circles do not think highly of him.

The media hypes/props up Daboll to hate on Allen and take credit away from him.

Yeap.  Easier to give a 45 year old credit who never had a top 20 offense, than a 24 year 7th overall pick.  Narrative.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ßookie_tech said:

I hope they make improving the running game a priority this offseason. I love chucking it all over the yard. But games like yesterday's, a solid ground game is important to have in your back pocket.  Would love to see Jeff Wilson Jr in a Bills uniform next season. 

Yes a big back would be nice.  Fournette may be a bit of a head case, but he had some tough runs yesterday 100+ yards from scrimmage and a TD. He's also 6', not 5'7 or 5'9.

Daboll and Allen were quite good. There isn't much to complain about IMHO and the first overthrow to Diggs, seeing that he would have sauntered into the End Zone, was a bit frustrating until you could see more clearly - and here Al and Chris talk about - the wind. That made a lot more sense to me given how good Allen has been on the long ball this year, absent the weeks he struggled with his shoulder injury.

The one exception I take is for some of the folks who claim we have "no running game". There is a difference between being forced to run the ball because the passing game isn't working, or settling on the ideal of balance vs. "can't" run the ball because the Offensive Line or the RBs aren't good enough to do it. However, during the final 4 minutes of the Steelers game the Bills were in predictable running situations and continued to run the ball effectively to the point of not allowing the ball to leave their possession - and mind you, that was against a top tier Defense. 

More to the point, here are some of the running stats from this year against our opponents:

Miami: 112

Rams: 101

Jets: 126

*Pats: 190

Chargers: 172

Steelers: 104

Broncos: 182

*Pats: 130

Link: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2020.htm 

The point here is that against some very good Defenses the Bills ran the ball effectively enough, ESPECIALLY when you consider the passing stats in some of these games. Daboll said after one of the games, and I can't recall which one, that the Bills can run the ball when they "choose" to - and to a certain extent the stats support that statement. Now, the Titans or Rams the Bills are not....but I think sometimes because we "see" all of the passing plays, we forget some of the running plays. And, for sure some of these stats are also Allen runs and he deserves credit without a doubt, but in other games / situations, the running game is doing it's job. All in all, I just wanted to put some context that with Allen and Daboll we are a pass *first* team, but that doesn't mean we "can't" run the ball. Even the Ravens game was accentuated by the opening drive of the second half when Singletary had a couple of good and important runs. 

Edited by BigBuff423