Crucial Offside Indy on fourth that resulted in TD before half. Was there a play called?

13 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Watched a replay yesterday and seemed to me that the Bills really didn't have much called in the way of a play and were looking for an offside and if none was coming were going to call timeout (had two at that point).

I don't think they even huddled and wondering if the play was called on third down (i.e. we're going on fourth unless a sack).

Once offside with 1-2 seconds on the play clock the ball was snapped and frankly there was nothing there in terms of a play.

Well, Diggs thinks he's open on about the 20, past the sticks.  Got the mailbox flag up.

image.thumb.png.bc46ca559a5456d1fd5b566652092a48.png

A moment later, with the ball still in Allen's hands, Diggs still thinks he's open (still got the flag up) on about the 12 yard line and Singletary has beaten his guy and seems to have found a gap in his zone on the dash in the 20

image.thumb.png.a73c2b62ac360a7ac8a4096adc3f6cf4.png

Beasley is working his way open but frankly, Josh seems to have fixated on the least open guy on the field in John Brown.  He was evidently counting on him to beat his guy, but he didn't throw it long enough for Brown to run under, and that defender just boxed him out.

6 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I also want to praise Allen for knowing the situation.  Once he had a free play he knew there was only limited time on the clock so he quickly threw downfield and did not waste any time off the clock.  It was extremely smart not to try and hit an open man downfield or wait for someone to run a route.  There wasn't anyone open downfield so he just chucked it down there

I disagree, see above

12 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Rewatching the highlights, this fourth down along with a series of 5 or 6 other plays happening (or not) are the only reason we won. It’s wild how close we came to losing.

Remember:

-the almost diving INT from Indy in the end zone

-them going for it instead of kicking what would’ve been the tying fg

-Josh fumbling with three Indy guys around him

-Indy hitting the post missing an eventual would-be game tying fg

honestly it makes sense. We are a cam fumble and a softttt Rams pass interference away from being 11-5. We’re a solid, beatable team that’s going to need some luck down the stretch. 

And the Arizona Hail Murray brings us back to 12-4, the interception that should have never been (Kroft and Rams) takes your hypothetical loss and brings it back to 13-3, and on and on until we realize they are in fact, a 14-3 team. 

12 hours ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Rewatching the highlights, this fourth down along with a series of 5 or 6 other plays happening (or not) are the only reason we won. It’s wild how close we came to losing.

Remember:

-the almost diving INT from Indy in the end zone

-them going for it instead of kicking what would’ve been the tying fg

-Josh fumbling with three Indy guys around him

-Indy hitting the post missing an eventual would-be game tying fg

honestly it makes sense. We are a cam fumble and a softttt Rams pass interference away from being 11-5. We’re a solid, beatable team that’s going to need some luck down the stretch. 

And if my Aunt had a weenee, she'd be my Uncle.  What's your point?

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, Diggs thinks he's open on about the 20, past the sticks.  Got the mailbox flag up.

image.thumb.png.bc46ca559a5456d1fd5b566652092a48.png

A moment later, with the ball still in Allen's hands, Diggs still thinks he's open (still got the flag up) on about the 12 yard line and Singletary has beaten his guy and seems to have found a gap in his zone on the dash in the 20

image.thumb.png.a73c2b62ac360a7ac8a4096adc3f6cf4.png

Beasley is working his way open but frankly, Josh seems to have fixated on the least open guy on the field in John Brown.  He was evidently counting on him to beat his guy, but he didn't throw it long enough for Brown to run under, and that defender just boxed him out.

I disagree, see above

Why he was looking for Brown I don't know, but was a free play and he knew it.....  4th down you look Beasley/Diggs or a back......