OT- removing blue eye from pictures

Duke

I've seen some other people get help, so.... I have A kodak digital camera with the easy share/ printer dock, etc. It has an edit screen to remove red eye, etc. but whenever I take A picture of my dog, he has blue eye. Does anyone know how to remedy this? thanks in advance.

Red eye is caused by the refraction of light off of the lens of an eye. The multiple flashes of the camera in "anti red eye mode" serve to close the pupil enough to not cause this light refraction. Some higher end cameras and probably photoshop also can alter the picture file, but the flashes and the pupil actually reduce it the most. Blue eyes? i don't really know exactly, but its probably got something to do with the light refraction also. Do some research into software that can do it, or a specific settign on your camera for this.

stupid question... does your dog have blue eyes?

hey, i do remeember my dog having blue eyes. i think its actually the lens being slightly opaque. is your chihuaua older? my dog had cataracts and the first sign that he had them were pictures of his eyes with the camera.

stupid question...  does your dog have blue eyes? 

hey, i do remeember my dog having blue eyes.  i think its actually the lens being slightly opaque.  is your chihuaua older?  my dog had cataracts and the first sign that he had them were pictures of his eyes with the camera.

23649[/snapback]

No, he has very dark brown eyes and he's just A puppy. they are not blue like An Akita, they are computer robot blue. Can I post an image in this forum?

Per Inet search, it seems that chi's have a pretty good tapeum librium - a membrane in the eye that reflects light back to the cones/rods for night vision. It's responsible for the yellow glow on certain dogs and cats when light is shown upon their eyes in the dark. Yellow and red tends towards orange, though, not blue.

I take A LOT of photos of our dog and cat and the only way that I have found to fix the blue or green or sometimes even white eye is with a "pet eye pen". It looks like a felt tip marker and they sell them at craft stores or photo shops. You basically use it to fill in the eye color after the photo is printed. It takes some practice to make the eyes look normal and not like you just colored them in, but once you get the hang of it, it's an easy fix. I have a picture of our cat in our dining room and you can't tell that he ever looked like a demon in the original print--of course his name is Damien!