Donahoe the master poker player....

as of this moment The Bills have Jason Peters and Trey Teague 1 and 2 on the LT Depth Chart

315809[/snapback]

Now that is a truly scary thought.

Jason Peters, who has never played one snap as an OL is #2 on the Bills depth chart at LT.

Can you say, run JP run!

This years draft talent was thin... so I don't mind not getting anything for Henry if nothing was being offered... we still have a training camp to go through, where a RB can go down for the season and it makes henry a good option.

So, it doesn't bother me that Henry didn't get traded yesterday. The RB drafted by Philly isn't necessarilly a starter, so we could see a deal today - with a potential for a pick next year based on performance.

Exactly...If Shelton was all that, The Bills and TD would have been all over Him (for Henry) like a Bum on a Boloney Sammich...  :w00t:

Does anyone think the Bills would not jump at a LT they believe would be a quality Starter??? Come on Folks, as of this moment The Bills have Jason Peters and Trey Teague 1 and 2 on the LT Depth Chart... If the Bills thought Shelton was capable...at all...or at the very least if they thought he was worth $3 million a Year...He'd be a Buffalo Bill at this moment... :D

315809[/snapback]

Interesting logic. If we they had got him on the roster then he must be great because otherwise they wouldn't put him on the roster. If they don't get him then it must be because he is not worth spit. Either way, they are always right. I hope my firm grades me that way. If I lose a trial it must be because it was a loser from the git go and If I win a trial it must be because I was brilliant.

They are the experts and we are just fans but if speculating on whether this move or that was good or bad was off limits here, there would be no board. We lost a two left tackles from an OL line unit that was pretty pathetic to begin with. We have a disgruntled pro bowler stewing on the bench and we lost a top notch defensive tackle. Given those situations, opting for a Freddie Smith clone when you have Moulds and Evans is, to put it mildly, a bit of a surprise. Really, point out to me all the pre draft posts and threads about how WR was a glaring weakness on the roster that should be addressed as priority #1 in this draft. You won't find many.

Does his UNDESERVED reputation finally take a hit after he is stuck still holding Henry?

315585[/snapback]

Not really relevant - TD made his judgment on Henry when he took McGahee and that appears to be a correct one.

I love these comparisons of Donahoe to Kasparov and Cloutier! He's a middle tier GM at best. Look at his results on the field. Four years and no playoff games. One great trade (Price) in that four year span. One winning season. Good job as of late building the lower part of the roster. His "reputation" as you put it surely is undeserved, but I don't think that it is held by too many people frankly.

All the gnashing of teeth on Henry not being dealt is more of a reflection on this board's general overrating of Henry's trade value. He's in the lower 20th percentile for NFL tailbacks in terms of blocking, receiving, fumbling, versatility and coachability. He doesn't play specials and he is injury prone. That's a ton of negatives. There are a lot of red flags when it comes to whether Henry is going to fit in another team's system.

Maybe Travis will get dealt this afternoon for a 4th round pick. I feel very strongly that the Bills are better off without him on the team so they can develop someone to play behind McGahee that is more versatile than Henry and is going to be in Buffalo for the long term, even if that player has less raw talent than Henry. Do what's best for the team.

contrary to popular opinion, TD did want shelton........hence, the reason he was pushing for the swap of 2nd's AND shelton right up till yesterday........he should have swallowed his pride and forgot about the swap, but his ego is too big for that so it never happened....it's unfortunate, but it's TD...........green got tired of the games and moved on, just like the eagles and bucs did.....now we're stuck with a malcontent at RB and no legit LT.........

if henry is traded, we don't get any help this year......

if henry stays, we have a locker room cancer (or no RB at all if he stays home).......

and i would not be shocked at all to see shelton traded elsewhere or kept in zona for spite.........i don't think green wants to see him land in buffalo after all that BS he had to put up with.........

TD got played, but like always, many around here think he handled it perfectly.......

315852[/snapback]

Ok. Say your 1st thought is correct & he did want Shelton. Then...What difference does it make whether he trades for Shelton today. Just because Arizona drafted Arrington it doesn't mean they still won't do the Henry-Shelton trade. There's no guarantee that Arrington can be a NFL back. What would be wrong with Denny trying to protect himself and pick up Henry, who has one year left on his contract. If Arrington can play, then Travis leaves at the end of the season. If not, then Arizona goes all out to resign Henry. Denny would be much better off starting Henry, for at least the beginning of 2005, and see what he has in Arrington instead of putting all his eggs in the Arrington basket.

I still see things working out with us having a LT & Henry gone by camp. If TD really wants Shelton, he'll get him-one way or another. If TD wants Henry gone today, he'll be gone. Time is greater than the last 24 hours.

Ok.  Say your 1st thought is correct & he did want Shelton.  Then...What difference does it make whether he trades for Shelton today.  Just because Arizona drafted Arrington it doesn't mean they still won't do the Henry-Shelton trade.  There's no guarantee that Arrington can be a NFL back.  What would be wrong with Denny trying to protect himself and pick up Henry, who has one year left on his contract.  If Arrington can play, then Travis leaves at the end of the season.  If not, then Arizona goes all out to resign Henry.  Denny would be much better off starting Henry, for at least the beginning of 2005, and see what he has in Arrington instead of putting all his eggs in the Arrington basket.

I still see things working out with us having a LT & Henry gone by camp.  If TD really wants Shelton, he'll get him-one way or another.  If TD wants Henry gone today, he'll be gone.  Time is greater than the last 24 hours.

315955[/snapback]

i disagree -- i think the moment TD turned down green AGAIN yesterday the deal was off the table.......he took arrington and moved on.........no interest in henry or TD's games anymore......