Urgent Fantasy Question

taterhill

Definitely no. By getting Faulk, yes you'd have the Rams RB corps, but think about it...you'd have to start them both every week in order to get any production since they'll be spliting time with one another. Plus, Chad Johnson is a great fantasy football producer, and it looks like Henry is still going to get the bulk of the carries here, so essentially you'd be trading Travis Henry (1300 yard RB) and Chad Johnson (1,000+ WR) for...Amani Toomer and half of a RB tandem. Dont do it.

Johnson is going to be on the receiving end of Carson Palmer, who IMO is not yet ready for "prime time". Fellow WR Peter Warrick has some troublesome, lingering knee problems, and he was the underneath guy that caught 70+ last year, allowing Johnson to streak away.

Plus Johnson is a class "A" push-off artist. With all the whoop-de-doo regarding interference that's appearently going to be flagged this season, I'm thinking he'll get called more on it.

I have been offered Marshall Faulk and either Amani Toomer or Joe Horn for T Henry and Chad Johnson..I already have Steven Jackson...what should I do? I am leaning towards pulling the trigger

23597[/snapback]

I would keep Henry and Johnson. I believe Chad Johnson will finish the year as a top 3 WR. So the WR wap is not even close.

Henry will repeat his numbers from last year. And you have Steven Jackson already so why take Faulk who will be on the bench for a minimum of 5 games.

Keep your marbles and tell the other guy to go pound salt.

I have been offered Marshall Faulk and either Amani Toomer or Joe Horn for T Henry and Chad Johnson..I already have Steven Jackson...what should I do? I am leaning towards pulling the trigger

23597[/snapback]

Does the offer come with a time machine which would allow Faulk and Toomer to play in 2000? The offer is a joke. Two young budding stars for two has beens.

I can't believe you're asking this question. I thought you knew a little something about football. Am I right?

Toomer? Who's goin to throw to him? Faulk? Bad wheels and aging... not your Daddy's Marshall Faulk.

On the other hand... T Henry... going into his prime with a coach that supposedly wants to play smash mouth FB.... And Chad Johnson... with a QB better than he had las year? Again... what the hell is the question?

I can't believe you're asking this question.  I thought you knew a little something about football.  Am I right?

Toomer?  Who's goin to throw to him?  Faulk? Bad wheels and aging... not your Daddy's Marshall Faulk.

On the other hand... T Henry... going into his prime with a coach that supposedly wants to play smash mouth FB.... And Chad Johnson... with a QB better than he had las year?  Again... what the hell is the question?

23638[/snapback]

Easy there turbo..if you are too smart to answer the question, then avoid..No reason to insult me..If anything happens to Henry, I am screwed..If Faulk were to go down, I would have Jackson...I would not take Toomer, I would take Horn and I do not consider Johnson and Horn to be that much of a difference...just my opinion..

Did I read it wrong.  Okay I would want Horn and Faulk over Henry and Johnson.  What ever that means for you.

23631[/snapback]

Don't take VaBills' word too seriously, taterhill. He'd trade Travis Henry for Magilla Gorilla and a squirt of piss.

Don't take VaBills' word too seriously, taterhill. He'd trade Travis Henry for Magilla Gorilla and a squirt of piss.

23674[/snapback]

Nah, my feeling on a player stops when it comes to fantasy. I do whats bests for my own team in fantasy world, no home favorites or not. Seriously if Faulk is healthy he will put up far better then Henry 9 out of 10 weeks. If you have Faulks backup you will only get burned one or two weeks.

Nah, my feeling on a player stops when it comes to fantasy.  I do whats bests for my own team in fantasy world, no home favorites or not.  Seriously if Faulk is healthy he will put up far better then Henry 9 out of 10 weeks.  If you have Faulks backup you will only get burned one or two weeks.

23687[/snapback]

Sorry, but you've missed the boat on this. Faulk is the poster boy for the law of diminishing returns. Odds are Steven Jackson will cut into his playing time even if Faulk can manage to stay healthy. Fantasy players that look only at a "name" or past rep and don't project into the future are billsfanone to fail.

Hold tight with what you have or make him sweeten the pot, tater.

Easy there turbo..if you are too smart to answer the question, then avoid..No reason to insult me..If anything happens to Henry, I am screwed..If Faulk were to go down, I would have Jackson...I would not take Toomer, I would take Horn and I do not consider Johnson and Horn to be that much of a difference...just my opinion..

23661[/snapback]

Your logic doesn't make much sense here Tater...."If anything happens to Henry, I am screwed...Well yeah, thats why they call it gambling. Look at the other side of the coin. Henry played all last season will rib injuries and a broken leg. Faulk has missed significant time in the past 3 seasons due to injury. The guy is made of glass now. Save Henry and when Faulk does go down you then have 2 starters.