OT - Would like opinions on flat-Screen TVs

stuckincincy

how did we get to davey crockett subject        ????????

23880[/snapback]

I was wondering that myself...but it seems it's what we do here. I thought the thread was over once I gave my thanks to those who were nice enough to respond to my thread. But this meandering is what makes this site fun! :pirate:

You've never heard of Davey Crocket TV's? :pirate:

23883[/snapback]

One of the most embarrassing moments of my childhood was when my Aunt gave me Davy Crockett UNDERWARE as a Christmas gift. Five briefs, all with a front silken panel in different background colors that had printed Crockett scenes on the front.

I threw them into the garbage can the next day. I am sure I made the right decision.

One of the most embarrassing moments of my childhood was when my Aunt gave me Davy Crockett UNDERWARE as a Christmas gift.  Five briefs, all with a front silken panel in different background colors that had printed Crockett scenes on the front.

I threw them into the garbage can the next day.  I am sure I made the right decision.

23902[/snapback]

For a second there, I thought you were going to start talking about that Davey Crockett derringer inside the flap. :):pirate::):w00t:

For a second there, I thought you were going to start talking about that Davey Crockett derringer  inside the flap. :)  :pirate:  :)  :w00t:

23911[/snapback]

I did have a belt that had a flip-out "Yancey Derringer" - it went well with my Mattel Fanner 50 Colt and my "Shootin' Shell by Mattel" revolver. When I grew up, the whole neighborhood resembled an armed camp - these days they would call out the SWAT teams and blast us kids to Kingdom Come.

Funny, though, back they we were all packing very authentic pistols and rifles and machine guns, always had a knife in school, but no mayhem took place. My local drugstore in North Buffalo would sell you rimfire, centerfire cartridges and shotgun shells. Firearms were available everywhere. Something changed, eh?

Hitachi, Sony and Panasonic are all the top televison makers. I researched that crap out of this a couple of months ago when I bought my 36". I ended up going with Panasonic when all was said and done. I would have been just as happy with Sony as well. Flat screen makes a world of difference. Worth the extra coin. Unless you are going plasma or projection I would not worry about HDTV.

Hitachi, Sony and Panasonic are all the top televison makers. I researched that crap out of this a couple of months ago when I bought my 36". I ended up going with Panasonic when all was said and done. I would have been just as happy with Sony as well. Flat screen makes a world of difference. Worth the extra coin. Unless you are going plasma or projection I would not worry about HDTV.

23977[/snapback]

Thanks, Coach...good to hear.

23977[/snapback]

Throw Mitsubishi in there as well, I did a lot of research and heard great things about that one too!

Interesting you bring that up. I went to Ultimate Electronics yesterday to look at it. The sales guy and his boss did everything they could to dissuade me from buying a DLP. They said that DLP's are prone to having "dead pixels". They showed me 3 DLP's that hade the problem. They also said the manufacterers don't cover past 30 days. I'm not sure what I'll do.

If you'll trust the word of a leftie.....

I just bought a 34" widescreen HDTV this summer. Did a lot of research and ended up buying a Sony. I am very happy with it, but you will need a strong stand--it weighs about 200 pounds! Moving it is a two-man job.

Picture is excellent, no glare problems I can see. For the price, a conventional tube is the best bargain right now, though I suppose if you have thousands to spend a plasma makes sense.

If you'll trust the word of a leftie.....

I just bought a 34" widescreen HDTV this summer.  Did a lot of research and ended up buying a Sony.  I am very happy with it, but you will need a strong stand--it weighs about 200 pounds!  Moving it is a two-man job.

Picture is excellent, no glare problems I can see.  For the price, a conventional tube is the best bargain right now, though I suppose if you have thousands to spend a plasma makes sense.

24160[/snapback]

Oh yeah forgot about that. Yeah the Wegas weigh a lot.