Warner Bros to Release All 2021 Movies in Theaters and on HBO Max Simultaneously

BillsFan4

https://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-to-release-all-2021-movies-in-theaters-and-on-hbo-max-simultaneously/

Warner Bros. is radically changing up its distribution strategy for 2021, releasing all 17 of its movies for the year in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously.

Just as “Wonder Woman 1984” will be released on Christmas Day both in theaters and on HBO Max, Warner Bros.’ entire 2021 slate will play on the WarnerMedia streaming service and theatrically worldwide. However, every film will be available for just one month on HBO Max before it leaves the platform, and it will then continue playing theaters with normal distribution windows.

Again, this applies to every movie on Warner’s 2021 slate — though some are still in production and the exact list is subject to change. That includes major tentpoles like “Godzilla vs. Kong,” DC Films’ “The Suicide Squad,” Timothée Chalamet’s “Dune” and Keanu Reeves’ “Matrix 4.”

9 hours ago, TBBills said:

Thank God, I am so done with movie theaters. They are a dead source of income even before Covid.

I have theater seating and a 65 inch TV that does me just fine.

Yeah, I updated my set-up during quarantine 😄

Can't say I don't miss the movie-going experience, though. I love the popcorn and no system I have at home is ever going to compare to IMAX/Dolby Cinema.

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I think I might drop Netflix and go for HBO Max instead. A bit pricier, but seems worth it.

I have HBO max and it’s a good streaming service. Just FYI it’s still not available on roku devices. I use my fire stick and/or my android TV to stream the app.

I have to imagine it’ll eventually come to roku too. It wasn’t on the fire stick at first either. But it’s been months now, so who knows. 

31 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, I updated my set-up during quarantine 😄

Can't say I don't miss the movie-going experience, though. I love the popcorn and no system I have at home is ever going to compare to IMAX/Dolby Cinema.

Yeah I updated my home theater during this quarantine as well. What did you end up with?

I Went with Emotiva speakers, SVS 12” subwoofer and a Denon X3600H receiver. I don’t have a full Dolby atmos setup done yet.

currently have a 5.1.2 setup (with 2 front height ceiling speakers). I plan to add 2 more ceiling speakers soon (5.1.4), and then I’m planning on adding a 2nd subwoofer. 
Might go the DIY route on the 2nd subwoofer, just for fun. I was looking at kits that come with 18” or 21” subs 😁

15 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I have HBO max and it’s a good streaming service. Just FYI it’s still not available on roku devices. I use my fire stick and/or my android TV to stream the app.

I have to imagine it’ll eventually come to roku too. It wasn’t on the fire stick at first either. But it’s been months now, so who knows. 

Yeah I updated my home theater during this quarantine as well. What did you end up with?

I Went with Emotiva speakers, SVS 12” subwoofer and a Denon X3600H receiver. I don’t have a full Dolby atmos setup done yet.

currently have a 5.1.2 setup (with 2 front height ceiling speakers). I plan to add 2 more ceiling speakers soon (5.1.4), and then I’m planning on adding a 2nd subwoofer. 
Might go the DIY route on the 2nd subwoofer, just for fun. I was looking at kits that come with 18” or 21” subs 😁

Just put a 65" LG GX up on the wall with a matching LG 5.1.2 sound bar and sub. Nothing fancy in the sound department, but the whole setup is very sleek... and a huge upgrade over what I had before. Never been much of a tech/audio guy.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.