TH draft value, compared with past trades

Last year the Dolphins gave up a 3rd rounder for Lamar Gordon, the backup running back from the Rams. A year earlier, the Skins gave up a 4th rounder for Trung Canidate, a washout.

Neither of those guys hold a candle to Travis Henry. If they can't get a 2nd, I wouldn't make a deal. Period.

I dont understand why some here think TH is SO valuable...look at the way he sulked and played last year....think about his weaknesses we ALL talk about here all the time...bad against picking up the blitz...he sometimes goes invisible in games on the road....sure he ran for 1300, 1400 yards...but I just never have ever gotten that sense the TH was a upper echelon RB. Hes a very good back, but there are a lot more very good RB's then upper echelon ones. And he isnt a great receiving back either.

At this point, if a 3rd rounder is what the Bills get then so be it. AT LEAST the player they will draft can produce for the Bills, think about what TH means to the Bills NOW....really not much.

NE gave up a 2nd for Dillon last year, and Im sorry, I know TH is younger, but Dillon is better then TH, more dymanic, more explosive.

I dont understand why some here think TH is SO valuable...look at the way he sulked and played last year....think about his weaknesses we ALL talk about here all the time...bad against picking up the blitz...he sometimes goes invisible in games on the road....sure he ran for 1300, 1400 yards...but I just never have ever gotten that sense the TH was a upper echelon RB. Hes a very good back, but there are a lot more very good RB's then upper echelon ones.  And he isnt a great receiving back either.

At this point, if a 3rd rounder is what the Bills get then so be it. AT LEAST the player they will draft can produce for the Bills, think about what TH means to the Bills NOW....really not much. 

NE gave up a 2nd for Dillon last year, and Im sorry, I know TH is younger, but Dillon is better then TH, more dymanic, more explosive.

313927[/snapback]

"Homer" mentality, plain and simple.

Nothing wrong with it mind you, until it is presented and or confused with fact.

I dont understand why some here think TH is SO valuable...look at the way he sulked and played last year....think about his weaknesses we ALL talk about here all the time...bad against picking up the blitz...he sometimes goes invisible in games on the road....sure he ran for 1300, 1400 yards...but I just never have ever gotten that sense the TH was a upper echelon RB. Hes a very good back, but there are a lot more very good RB's then upper echelon ones.  And he isnt a great receiving back either.

313927[/snapback]

I will tell you exactly why TH is worth more than a 3rd rounder. B/C the JETS gave up a first for TE Doug Jolley. Corey Dillon is older, and was severely digruntled in the house of Bungle, the Pats stole him with a 2nd round pick. If we do not get more than a early 2nd or quality man-4-man deal, then I say we keep and let him sulk on the bench behind Willis

I will tell you exactly why TH is worth more than a 3rd rounder. B/C the JETS gave up a first for TE Doug Jolley. Corey Dillon is older, and was severely digruntled in the house of Bungle, the Pats stole him with a 2nd round pick. If we do not get more than a early 2nd or quality man-4-man deal, then I say we keep and let him sulk on the bench behind Willis

313961[/snapback]

Rudy is that you?

313961[/snapback]

Why let the facts get in the way of the truth? Be honest, the Jest did not just surrender a straight 1st Rounder for Doug Jolley.

They gave up a 1st and 7th Rounder and got Jolley PLUS a 2nd Rounder PLUS two 6th Rounders. That's a great deal for the Jest. They basically traded down a few spots from the 1st Round into the 2nd and traded up from the 7th Round into the 6th AND picked up an additional 6th.

This deal is apples and oranges to any involving TH. I believe that TH is worth a 2nd simply because he is under contract dirt cheap in '05 and will cost a team a lot less financially (long term) than either James or Alexander. A 3rd Rounder for him would not be a ripoff for the Bills and would also be fair compensation. There are a ton of value picks in that area this year.

Travis could have gained 1600+ yards with the Pats last year, and has caught well more than the 15 passes Dillon did last year for them.  So he's worth a 2nd rounder.

313964[/snapback]

It amazes me that people have forgotten just how anemic our rushing offense looked when TH was in. Admittedly the rest of the team hadn't jelled yet, but the fact is that when other teams look at the bfilm they see a 60 yrds on 20 carries kind of guy...

It amazes me that people have forgotten just how anemic our rushing offense looked when TH was in. Admittedly the rest of the team hadn't jelled yet, but the fact is that when other teams look at the bfilm they see a 60 yrds on 20 carries kind of guy...

314062[/snapback]

Amen! Travis is a quality back, but he's not worth a 2nd round pick.