Draft Thread

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleh... Roscoe's a nice prospect and all but he has the feel of a 4th rounder to me.  Like most of you, I was hoping to get an LT prospect.  Oh well.  Let's see how it pans out.

314892[/snapback]

FWIW, espn's list of top prospects had him at #54.

I guess we should have seen it coming all along. Now that it has happened, it all makes sense now. We lose arguably the best blocker on a pretty bad offensive line and we lose a great DT. We have top notch CB we will lose next year and our kicker is prone to leg seizures under stress. Clearly, the only logical response to these roster problems is to draft a toy poodle sized wide receiver. It was obvious all along, we just couldn't see it.

Actually, there is a pattern emerging here.

We draft a good RB who goes to the pro bowl so what the heck, we draft another RB. We draft a WR to be the No. 2 after Price and that works out so well that we draft another WR to be the No. 2. We trade up to nab a RDE in one draft and that works so well we draft another RDE. We trade a first round pick to get a QB and three years later, we trade a first round pick to get a QB. His picks are so nice, he does them twice. :lol:

FWIW, espn's list of top prospects had him at #54.

314895[/snapback]

...do you suppose TD and the boys are just going off the ESPN list? LOL

I know you werent suggesting that but it is a funny thought. maybe they were too busy living it up this year to do their research and just decided to go with whatever Mel Kiper had to say!

...do you suppose TD and the boys are just going off the ESPN list? LOL

I know you werent suggesting that but it is a funny thought. maybe they were too busy living it up this year to do their research and just decided to go with whatever Mel Kiper had to say!

314906[/snapback]

here's what pasquarelli said (at least i think it's coming from him):

54. WR Roscoe Parrish, Miami, 5-foot-9¾, 170 pounds, 4.37 in the 40: Possesses warp-speed acceleration and can go from zero to 60 faster than most pricey foreign sports cars. Water-bug quick and can find plenty of holes in a secondary after the catch. Good hands. Tougher than one would expect for a player his size. Dynamic punt return man.

Best available is still the best way to go once you get past the 1st round in my opinion... Maybe that's what this was.

314907[/snapback]

If the best available player was a RB should we have taken him so that we have not one but two aces on the bench while a ghost starts at LT? At some point, you have to fill gaping roster holes. I just think this is yet another example of what little respect TD has for the importance of winning the war in the trenches. He clearly thinks that any stiff will do on the O-line.

here's what pasquarelli said (at least i think it's coming from him):

54. WR Roscoe Parrish, Miami, 5-foot-9¾, 170 pounds, 4.37 in the 40: Possesses warp-speed acceleration and can go from zero to 60 faster than most pricey foreign sports cars. Water-bug quick and can find plenty of holes in a secondary after the catch. Good hands. Tougher than one would expect for a player his size. Dynamic punt return man.

314924[/snapback]

I'll bet the scouts studied his ability to avoid the linejams, something Reed has not been able to master in 3 years. Josh is a training camp cut.

I have it figured out.  Parrish has great footwork.  He will be our new LT.

314904[/snapback]

:lol: i can see him now with a #62 jersey, so big that the 6 overlaps the 2, causing confusion for the Sunday Night crew in the booth.

I don't know if anyone has said this yet but to me it's the first indication TD doesn't expect Nate to be back next year. At the very least Parrish can replace Nate's punt returns next year... and he will be a better all-around player on the roster this year than Freddie Smith, who, let's face it, is not a #3 receiver.

I just think this is yet another example of what little respect TD has for the importance of winning the war in the trenches.  He clearly thinks that any stiff will do on the O-line.

314935[/snapback]

Or maybe the best available LT (Terry), DT (Hawthorne) and C (Brown) all have third round grades.