“Homosexual people have the right to be in a family. They are children of God” - Pope Francis

56 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

We even use different words for different peppers - poblano, bell, banana, etc. Banana can also be plural - bananas - to imply multiple peppers of that variety or also a type of fruit, and your current state of mind.

Why? Because I want to refine our language and you are on a mission to needlessly blur the lines?  Look....if two men want to form a union, they certainly can.  It is not mine to judge and never has been.  But if two men want to then be called two monkeys, two oranges, or two anything that we already have a word for, I would respectfully ask them to PICK ANOTHER WORD!  The one you want already means something else.  It's neither hateful or disrespectful.  It's simply more accurate. Drop the PC nonsense.

Edited by SoCal Deek

16 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

The purpose of every language since the dawn of time is to make human communication MORE clear and precise, not less clear and less precise. While it’s possible to hyphenate words and insert adjectives you’re better off using a distinct word wherever possible. That’s why we don’t call every vegetable simply ‘vegetable’. We use a distinct word for corn, peppers, etc. It isn’t complicated and shouldn’t be controversial. 

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why? Because I want to refine our language and you are on a mission to needlessly blur the lines?  Look....if two men want to form a union, they certainly can.  It is not mine to judge and never has been.  But if two men want to then be called two monkeys, two oranges, or two anything that we already have a word for, I would respectfully ask them to PICK ANOTHER WORD!  The one you want already means something else.  It's neither hateful or disrespectful.  It's simply more accurate. Drop the PC nonsense.

You're pretending that there are fundamental differences between heterosexual and homosexual marriages. There aren't, especially legally.   Case closed.

Just now, SoTier said:

You're pretending that there are fundamental differences between heterosexual and homosexual marriages. There aren't, especially legally.   Case closed.

Imagine Deek's disgust when marriage is used in another context - ie

The dark chocolate marries well with the golden tenderness of the brioche

Satsuma & Dark Chocolate Brioche - How to be Awesome on $20 a day

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/21/2020 at 2:04 PM, westside2 said:

This is a big nothing burger. Next.

If they just follow the Bill of rights then people can marry who they want.  Things based on religious beliefs have no business in law and government has no business or authority in religion or stopping people from practicing their religion.

The marriage they fight over is an institution of man not God.

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That bread is destroying America's morals.

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding your viewpoint but because you believe something is right or wrong makes you moral ideology, it doesn't make what's moral or immoral.  This society allowed took part in slavery and genocide.  How moral is that.  So if the majority thinks Rape and Murder are ok then does that make those things moral.

True morality is based on if it harm's another person.  Please explain how a same sex couple getting married harm's another person.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding your viewpoint but because you believe something is right or wrong makes you moral ideology, it doesn't make what's moral or immoral.  This society allowed took part in slavery and genocide.  How moral is that.  So if the majority thinks Rape and Murder are ok then does that make those things moral.

True morality is based on if it harm's another person.  Please explain how a same sex couple getting married harm's another person.

I believe I'm talking about bread.🙄