What would you like to see be done here?

SDS

On 10/16/2020 at 9:58 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

No denying I'm new to PPP. I don't think I ever posted here until this summer.

My understanding is that it started out with a diversity of opinions and what we could call spirited arguments.

More recently it became dominated by posters of a certain political philosophy or mindset. Those with different opinions were considered interlopers and typically were shot down. In other words, over time PPP began to function not as an open forum, but as a club -- effectively invitation only because disagreement was not tolerated.

If it is a club in practice, then it might as well become a club in name and in structure. 

Me? I have no interest in communicating only with people who think like me. So I have no interest in a club.

You admit that you are new to PPP,  by are claiming that "recently" this forum became dominated by posters of a particular mindset?  I'll agree with you on the latter, but not for the reasons you're thinking.   If you want to communicate, a bit of introspection is helpful.

Again, this place has been in existence for 20+ years.  Most of the people who were banned over the years were not liberals.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

On 10/18/2020 at 8:19 PM, SDS said:

I didn’t get it all, but this topic got way off track with a lot of personal back-and-forth. I just sort of mass deleted a whole slew of posts - no offense, but this train took a left at Albuquerque and we weren’t going that way.

"... this topic?" 😅

Seriously, SDS? That's been this entire ***** forum over the past six months, and is the main reason you've lost so many posters. Perhaps you'll figure that out six months from now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1