1991 AFC Champion Bills on ESPN Classic

I can't be mad at Jimbo. What other QB could throw 4 picks in a game and then blame it on his best WR for running the wrong routes? All with a straight face. Priceless.

Andre deserved it. I mean, how could he NOT know that Jimbo's presence was supposed to automatically elevate the level of his play and make those INT's into receptions?

I can't think of one off the top of my head where we managed to play so many bad teams in such a short period of time.  I also couldn't think of any where Jim didn't have a 300 yard passing game or Obviously you couldn't either.  But smacking your head a few more times might help.  Good luck.

Yeah, Kelly was the biggest reason we lost SB's.  Remember the game against the Giants when Kelly was dropping perfect passes and all the tackles he missed on that 10 minute 3rd quarter drive that completely changed the game?  Yeah, me too.  Now defend Drew Bledsoe (you know, the guy who couldn't even get us to the playoffs, much less a sniff of the SB), ya friggin' hypocrite.

313479[/snapback]

Kelly's biggest mistake that Super Bowl is he could of run one more play before the fabled kick and potentially got us a little closer and maybe given Norwood a better chance. I've said it before and will say it again, Jim Kelly was a good QB but not nearly as good as some of the Bills faithful like to make him out to be.

Yeah, Kelly was the biggest reason we lost SB's.  Remember the game against the Giants when Kelly was dropping perfect passes and all the tackles he missed on that 10 minute 3rd quarter drive that completely changed the game?  Yeah, me too.  Now defend Drew Bledsoe (you know, the guy who couldn't even get us to the playoffs, much less a sniff of the SB), ya friggin' hypocrite.

313479[/snapback]

So would that be similar to this year's Bills/Jags game? Or the Bills/Jets game? Or the Bills/Steelers game?

CW

Obviously that strategy hasn't been working for you, so I'll take a pass, thankyouverymuch.

Pot, meet kettle.  Notice color similarity.  Either it's all about the QB, or it isn't.  Jimbo has a lot of blame to bear for the Bills' failures in the SB, and again like I said, his lead was followed by many on the team.  Bury your head in the sand a little more if you like, I'm just stating the facts.  Oh and I liked Jimbo a lot more than I liked Drew, but I was pissed-off when I learned about him partying into the wee hours on the morning of EVERY SB, and realized his selfishness is what helped cost the Bills a title.

313562[/snapback]

Feel free to find one post of mine that states "it's all about the QB." In fact, my initial post in this thread was against similiar logic against the offensive line. Pot/Kettle? You wish.

As far as stating facts goes, pretending that Drew Bledsoe "not being sacked too much last season" is somehow comparable with the performance of the only HOF QB in team HISTORY, uh OK. Even the Jim Kelly of his last 2 seasons would have had last season's BILLS in the playoffs - just by sheer will. Another quality the aging Mr. Bledsoe was sorely lacking.

So would that be similar to this year's Bills/Jags game?  Or the Bills/Jets game?  Or the Bills/Steelers game?

CW

313636[/snapback]

I've posted on this subject more than enough times already and your "act" of implying I've ever stated that team losses are only the fault of the QB are pissing me off a little.

From the Jags game, on the defense:

I'm probably not as tolerant because they've talked so much about themselves and "taking the next step."  It's not a step to me - more of a leap.

If you want to be the strongest unit on the team then you have to make plays when they matter the most. 

I look at our team and I see one player who consistantly comes through when we need him.  It's too bad he's the punter.

75417[/snapback]

From the Steelers game, on the defense:

Nothing more than excuse making.  Great defenses make plays when the game is on the line.  Giving up 9 minute drives against a 3rd string QB/RB with nary an offensive starter on the field ain't the stuff legends are made of.

191559[/snapback]

I don't hate Drew Bledsoe. I just don't think he's a very good NFL QB. I wish him luck in Dallas and hope he does well there. I won't be at all surprised when he doesn't.

I've posted on this subject more than enough times already and your "act" of implying I've ever stated that team losses are only the fault of the QB are pissing me off a little. 

Wasn't really targeted at you (although it takes talent to piss you off, even a little! :w00t: ); unfortunately there are tons of people around here who DO believe that everything revolves around the QB, and that the other 21 starters on the team don't make anywhere near as much of an impact. *sigh*

CW

If you want to compare apples to apples, that was JK's 7th year of pro ball (he played 2 years in the USFL which spanned 3 years in the NFL).  Drew's 7th year was 1999. 

313423[/snapback]

Apples to apples? Funny you mention that. I remember watching a Patriots-Jets MNF game in 1999 at the Meadowlands. The Pats had a big lead and folded like a cheap tent in the 4th Qtr. Less than a minute left on 4TH DOWN trailing by a few points, Drew dropped back....pat pat pat....can't find anybody....sack. And he never touched the ground. He just curled up in "the fetal position" as Darrin called it until the ref blew the whistle. Game over. WTF? I didn't care who won that game and even I was screaming at the TV. What the hell is he doing? JUST THROW THE BALL.

You may think I'm exaggerating, but I swear I am not. These things are on tape. Check it out - seriously. It might've been 2000.

Apples to apples?  Funny you mention that.  I remember watching a Patriots-Jets MNF game in 1999 at the Meadowlands.  The Pats had a big lead and folded like a cheap tent in the 4th Qtr.  Less than a minute left on 4TH DOWN trailing by a few points, Drew dropped back....pat pat pat....can't find anybody....sack.  And he never touched the ground.  He just curled up in "the fetal position" as Darrin called it until the ref blew the whistle.  Game over.  WTF?  I didn't care who won that game and even I was screaming at the TV.  What the hell is he doing?  JUST THROW THE BALL.

You may think I'm exaggerating, but I swear I am not.  These things are on tape.  Check it out - seriously.  It might've been 2000.

It was probably 2000, which was the last season of the Pete Carroll error.

Kelly's biggest mistake that Super Bowl is he could of run one more play before the fabled kick and potentially got us a little closer and maybe given Norwood a better chance. I've said it before and will say it again, Jim Kelly was a good QB but not nearly as good as some of the Bills faithful like to make him out to be.

313621[/snapback]

Kelly's biggest mistake was underthrowing a wide open Lofton on a fly down the left sideline. The badly beaten corner tipped the ball and Lofton had to come back to catch it. The Bills had to settle for a FG to lead 3-0. We needed those four points.

Other mistakes included throwing passes into a two lineman defense.