We got needs at various places yet - evidenced by our not making the playoffs (i.e., TE, LB depth, center OL, 3rd WR).

TD should go after a 3rd WR. Moulds is slowing down now and is not a top 20 guy. the new WR could take his spot at some point. but to go after a WR NOW, and force teams to play only 6 or 7 in the box - would allow willis roam to rush for 2, 000 yards. think about splitting out moulds, evans and another speedy WR ( we could draft)? willis is a homerun hitting back who rips off chunks of yards per run. the more guys out of the box the better. imagine it.

josh reed is not the answer. he is to slow for outside duty and does not have the agility to go over the middle (ala steve smith, deon branch, troy brown, santana moss, coles, all the the other midgets 80 catch guys)

Do we mortgage the future and deal Travis and our first next year and our 2nd this season for tampa or cleveland (3) pick and take mike williams or braylon edwards? I WOULDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

well, TD does not want to pay to p10 pick money to a rookie - with the holdouts and bonus. but if we loose moulds soon - it makes sense. plus, willis is hot right now and lord knows how long his knee - which is held together with some dead guys knee - will hold up on that cold snowy crap turf. RIGHT NOW, you strike and get three WRS split wide, calling for nickel and dime secondary and then let willis exploit. with our defense - we could blwo out teams.

yes a dream. insted, will get double TE sets and josh reed dropping passes and missed field goals and willis running into 8 or 9 man fronts all season long on the crap knee.

but i again ask, is willis a to p5 back right now in this league? i say yes. he can rush for 2, 000 yards, why not go for it? trade away travis and our first next year and our 2nd this season and get a 3rd wide out. again, pragmatically speaking, this fills the moulds departure soon anyway.

We got needs at various places yet - evidenced by our not making the playoffs (i.e., TE, LB depth, center OL, 3rd WR).

TD should go after a 3rd WR.  Moulds is slowing down now and is not a top 20 guy.  the new WR could take his spot at some point.  but to go after a WR NOW, and force teams to play only 6 or 7 in the box - would allow willis roam to rush for 2, 000 yards.  think about splitting out moulds, evans and another speedy WR ( we could draft)?    willis is a homerun hitting back who rips off chunks of yards per run.  the more guys out of the box the better.  imagine it. 

josh reed is not the answer.  he is to slow for outside duty and does not have the agility to go over the middle (ala steve smith, deon branch, troy brown, santana moss, coles, all the the other midgets 80 catch guys)

Do we mortgage the future and deal Travis and our first next year and our 2nd this season for tampa or cleveland (3) pick and take mike williams or braylon edwards?  I WOULDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

312691[/snapback]

That would not force defenses to reduce the amount of defenders "in the box". They would still crowd the line planning to sack the QB before he even had a chance to set up becuase our line, as Bill B. so eloquently put it, "is for s..t". And that was before we lost arguably the best player on the entire line, Jonas Jennings. Now we have to improve a notch to just to stay at the "for s..t" level. 0:)

You can line up the 5 best recievers in the league and it won't matter if the QB does not have time to throw to any of them.

sounds like he's still recovering from 4/20...

312728[/snapback]

I don't see why it's so out of the question. Unlikely, yes. But nothing TD does tommorrow will surprise me.

I do think he should go WR. He said it himself, we need a better offense. J.P. could use another weapon. Mike Williams would definitely help. But do I think we'd trade our first next year and our 2nd? No.

If Williams (forget about Edwards) is going to end up in the Red, White, and Blue; it would come off of the rumored Nate Clements trade.

If I were TD and I could get #9 for Nate, i'd pull the trigger on it. I have a sinking feeling that MW will fall there. Then i'd trade TH to Arizona for L.J. and a switch of our 2nd's and land Mike Nugent.

In the 3rd, i'd go CB with preferrably Stanley Wilson and a Center in the 4th. After acquiring L.J. and a center for the future, our line would be set. Wilson would help fill the void that Vincent left and be our star of the future. I'd go after a veteran CB after the draft. Wilson and a veteran should be enough to fill the holes.

Moulds is solid, I think he will continue to be for the next 3-4 years. I say look at Jimmy and Rod smith as examples.

Also, Reed is a former Bilitnikoff(or however its spelled) award winner, so its not like hes devoid of talent. I say give him another chance.