Dolphins thinking Braylon Edwards per ESPN

Rudyc80

I really dont like the idea of a stud WR going into the division that we will have to face twice a year!

dolphins will have Booker, edwards, chambers...thats scary. While we might be letting Clements go after this year.

I do not buy this. If the Fins tie up that much of their cap space on the wide receiver position they are even less intelligent than I give them credit for. Chambers and Booker must already eat up a large amount of their cap space and they are going to use the second pick in the draft on a receiver.

I really dont like the idea of a stud WR going into the division that we will have to face twice a year!

dolphins will have Booker, edwards, chambers...thats scary. While we might be letting Clements go after this year.

311860[/snapback]

They still need someone to throw him the ball.

sounds good to me!...who is going to throw to him? and when teams are doubling chambers and edwards, who is the QB going to hand off to? Miami has one option: trade down and get more picks, because they have wayyyy too many holes to have only 2 picks in the top 100

This is just a smoke screen - I agree with MrLocke. A number of teams are coveting Edwards (including the Skins with 2 1st round picks). If Miami says they are going with Edwards, they maybe be able to trade down and pick up some extra and much needed picks (only have 5 this year - and none in 2nd round).

Do others think they paid to high a price for Feeley. 3rd pick in round two or 35th overall.

311879[/snapback]

You think? :huh:

Brown is the only guy that worries me when thinking about the Dolphins pick. With an aging defense, a half-way decent running back might be able to get them back around .500, but that's a big might.

I'm hoping that they pick a QB, because by the time the QB is ready to go, they'll have to replace half their D.

Um, hello?!?! No one is going to buy this folks! This was the same team that said up until a few days ago that Alex Smith was their man...then when that generated a lot of trade discussion for the #2 pick, the 49'ers jumped in and screwed up their plans. Now, all they are doing is the same crap - that is, hyping up a player where they know several teams have a significant interest, so as to drive up the value of a potential trade of picks.

Personally I hope that the rest of the teams in the league allow the Dolphins to stay at pick 2 and force their hand to take a RB. That is the greatest need area for them and everyone knows it. I think it will hurt the rest of the teams MORE, especially in the AFC East, if they are able to slide down and gather up more picks.

ok if anyone actually buys that the fins will actually draft a receiver in the first round, you must get off the meth. seriously guys. We all know their biggest hole other than qb is rb. Ricky was essential to their offensive success. thats why either cedric benson or ronnie brown are two backs which they are probably going to draft. as for their qb void, they'll prolly snatch kyle orton later in the draft. :huh:

they don't really need a WR...

they have no qb to throw him the ball

they have no rb to take the heat off the passing game

their defense is getting older

he'll eat up a big chunk of cap space which could be spent addressing their other needs

i hope miami takes edwards :rolleyes:

dolphins will have Booker, edwards, chambers...thats scary.

The dolfelons had a great passing attack with Duper and Clayton during the Mar-whino years and look where it got them. Picking up Edwards would still leave them with no QB and no running game. Plus although he looks like the real deal, with the history of Michigan WRs, Edwards is no lock to be a can't-miss-stud.

I agree with those who say that the felons are bluffing...Edwards makes no sense for them. They're looking for a dance partner to trade down.

They would IMO be daffy to pick a wr if they want to rebuild. But on the other hand, could Edwards or M. Williams catch six to seventy or more balls this season? The fin's are between a rock and hard place. We all saw the half empty stadium last year - a diminishment in unshared revenue - food and parking $$$ for the owner.

A spiffy wr may pack their stands and make that cash register sing...not a prediction for a wr pick here, but one offensive "big deal " will sell tix.

311860[/snapback]

Its lonely on this side of the fence, but I don't think Clements is in the store-front window.