THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Ready to Go

Shaw66

The Bills will be nasty again on defense. 

Their secondary returns intact.

I think the linebacker depth is thin, but Milano (healthy) and Edmunds are back. 

The only question on the defensive line in my mind is do we get the high-end production at DT that Jordan Phillips gave us? The Bills added depth across the line with Addison, Butler, Epenesa, Jefferson. I don't expect anything out of Trent Murphy, but hopefully the Bills can grind out another year out with Jerry Hughes. I don't think we'll miss one-dimensional Star L at all. 

On offense, anything Moss gives us should be an improvement over Gore. I'd like to see Dawson Knox take the next step after flashes in 2019. 

5 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Great job as always.  You hit on alot of the finer points that makes Buffalo a Super Bowl contender.  The team is not one of those start ups that "win" the offseason.  Over 20 years we have seen in the past.  Where areas of the team are ready and other parts of the team/organization are not.  Every aspect of the franchise is there. 

Last season, crunch time the offense couldnt beat man to man.  Diggs helps solve that issue.  Last season doubling Brown, pressing Beasley was easy to figure out.  Ne and Baltimore were good enough outside to press 0 blitz when it counted.  Diggs makes teams second guess the later.  Having a guy who has and wants to make the big time catches is huge.  Having a guy who can take a hitch, a slant, a screen 50 yards is another element the offense has lack for years.  

Ive been an Allen guy since the start.  I think he takes a jump in play and is a darkhorse for MVP.  Buffalo plays big time primetime games.  Ofcourse, there are ifs but here is the case.  Win the division for the first time since 95.  Buffalo is still a favorite.  Increase in yards and Tds.  I think with Diggs those are possible outcomes.  Lastly, there are 4 primetime spots where Allen can have a moment.  Maybe not out Duel Mahomes but plays close.  Other games show some 4th quarter heroics hes done the last 2 years.  Some are big ifs but I see a pretty clear path to make it possible, and I dont think any of those are improbable.

I'm high on Allen too.  More people will begin to see it this year.  They will say its because of the talent around him, but they won't be able to deny he is making the throws.  He will be an excellent quarterback in all phases within a couple of years.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm high on Allen too.  More people will begin to see it this year.  They will say its because of the talent around him, but they won't be able to deny he is making the throws.  He will be an excellent quarterback in all phases within a couple of years.  

"within a couple of years"  ????   that isn't what the NFL is about anymore.  The media has changed the game.

SM, BB and Company, are grooming the QB their way not the media’s way, as long as Josh makes strides every year they will stay with their QB. And yes Josh will not have peaked for a couple years yet.

13 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

SM, BB and Company, are grooming the QB their way not the media’s way, as long as Josh makes strides every year they will stay with their QB. And yes Josh will not have peaked for a couple years yet.

Absolutely. 

Bur if they get impatient, Allen will do it someplace else.  I doubt they will let him get away.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

But will the fans be that patient??

11 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

What? Of course they will (probably should). We're going to be post-season contenders for the year or two it takes- which should be plenty enjoyable, and just the beginning. Fans' biggest problem is less impatience, and more the idea that we have a "window" Allen needs to hit. The team is being built for perennial success, not a small window of opportunity. 

Edited by BringBackFlutie

6 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

In all reality we don’t get a choice in this process... the short sighted will indeed whimper a bunch, but as long as Josh keeps progressing he stays, as does the HC & GM. These guy are in this for the long term, SM & BB want to be old when they retire here in Buffalo, after they  produced a football dynasty. 

Go Bills!!!

10 hours ago, BringBackFlutie said:

What? Of course they will (probably should). We're going to be post-season contenders for the year or two it takes- should be plenty enjoyable, and just the beginning. Fans' biggest problem is less impatience, and more the idea that we have a "window" Allen needs to hit. The team is being built for perennial success, not a small window of opportunity. 

This is the important point.  Allen has 10 to 15 years to be on top, and if it takes two more years to get there, so what?  Ask the Pats or Saints what is like to have a top QB for 15 years.

Definitely not playing for a window.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

In all reality we don’t get a choice in this process... the short sighted will indeed whimper a bunch, but as long as Josh keeps progressing he stays, as does the HC & GM. These guy are in this for the long term, SM & BB want to be old when they retire here in Buffalo, after they  produced a football dynasty. 

Go Bills!!!

I hope you are correct and we get many years of great NFL football in Buffalo!!