John Brown Appreciation Thread

RocCityRoller

58 minutes ago, First Round Bust said:

likely his last year as a Bill, given how much the team spends on the postiion, we are in the top 5 in the league, and the likely emergence of our young WRs make him a cap casualty given the need to extend Milano, Trey, etc...

Nah. "Likely" is overstating it. Anything's possible, especially if the salary cap really is as low as it's projected right now to be and they don't figure out a way to soften the blow.

But he's worth what he's being paid. No telling what they'll do, but the WR room without him would be considerably less dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

As an oldster can I offer Reed and Lofton?, I won't go back further.

I do think Diggs, Brown and Beasley may be our best trio though.

I'm actually including them.  I love Reed, but I think Diggs is every bit as talented a route runner that Reed was.  And when Lofton was here, he was 34-35 years old and at the end of his career.  He wasn't in his prime and while he was a very good player for us, he was more of a solid #2 at the time rather than a feature part of the offense.  They were good, though.  The other thing with those guys is that it was really just those guys.  Sure, Beebee was pretty good, but nothing real special.  This room we have now, if reports on Davis are true, has a chance to run 4 deep.  Never had that deep a room.

Edited by sven233

JB was an excellent pickup, no two ways about it. He did #1 work with #1 results. Now his skills in conjunction with Diggs and Beasley, that trio will be a serious handful for defensives. With “normal” progression in the rest of the receiving corp, TEs, RBs, the Bills passing offense is potentially very dangerous, and it started with the signing of JB and CB. 

Go Bills!!!