Backyard homesteading

WhoTom

35 minutes ago, T&C said:

With a club in your hand? What the... I have had to herd Sandhill cranes off of the tee box though... just grab a few clubs and herd them back.

birds can sense my fear. I have problems with turkeys, pigeons, and geese. A pigeon almost flew into my head today, in fact. They just mess with me. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/4/2020 at 3:15 PM, WhoTom said:

<Shameless plug alert>

My wife has been a gardener her whole life. Ten years ago we moved to a place that's zoned residential/agricultural so she could raise chickens. It's only one acre, including the house, but she has a nice garden and a couple dozen chickens. Shortly after we moved, she started blogging about homesteading.

In February, a publisher found her blog and asked her to author a book on backyard homesteading. It's now in print. If you're interested, here's her landing page, including a description and a link to preorder the book, which comes out on September 1st. (Those who preorder will also get a free copy of her latest ebook by filling out the form on the landing page.)

https://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/the-beginners-guide-to-backyard-homesteading

Book-Cover-s-768x947.jpg

@Buffalo_Gal are you, or have you in fact, ever been married to @WhoTom?  

Back in the late 80s I was in Nebraska for work and visited with a farmer and his family.  As we walked around the side of his house, a wing-ed creature suddenly flapped it’s wing-ed wings as if in a fight /flight death match and scared the crap out of me.  

The man and his wife thought it quite funny, and in an attempt to salvage my pride I told them that I was from NY and that when something surprised you like that you had to be ready.  I may have given the impression that I was from the South Bronx. I am not. 

Nice people.  

Congrats on your wife’s accomplishment!   

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1