76th Anniversary of D-Day Invasion

15 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Fascism isn't a problem in America or the world anymore? The systemic oppression of minorities by imprisonment and state-sanctioned murder is no longer a problem? 

I thought you were a scholar. I'm just referring to the news events of the last few weeks that would indicate these are very much ongoing problems in America and elsewhere. You disagree?

Did you think history was "over"? You seem to be operating under the impression that history is not, in fact, ongoing. You seem to not understand that you are, in fact, part of history. 

One thing I do know is that YOU are an ASSHAT.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GregPersons said:

Yeah we definitely don't have any racists among us.

Did you share this with your many Black acquaintances/employees? Post it in your work communications, or publicly on your social feeds perhaps? Does anyone in your Real life know your Real opinions you're sharing with us here? Or are you too private, too embarrassed and ashamed? "Politics" and "race" are impolite for public, right? 

I'm sorry, could you repeat that?

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Again ***** you for using D-Day to push your agenda.  

What's my agenda, exactly?

***** you for not understanding it. ***** you for taking actions, still, to this day, that makes the sacrifices of our forefathers on D-Day increasingly meaningless. Because their descendants created people like yourself.... who argue in favor of Confederate flags instead of against racism and oppression.

Did your grandfather/father/any relatives serve in WWII? Do you feel ashamed to not live up to the ideals of equality, freedom, and liberty for all? Or you are okay because you feel as though you, yourself, have "equality, freedom, and liberty" that the "for all" part is not your problem? 

Just curious on the full damage to your brain, dickweed.

Just now, Reality Check said:

(White Chicks movie)

I'm sorry, could you repeat that?

Even better. Tell me how this is an example of racism. 

You still don't even understand the ***** word. Tell me how the Wayans brothers in "white face" is as offensive as "black face." Tell me why they're equally bad in America. 

A) White face and Black face are equally bad

B) History is real, and life didn't begin with your birth

Pick one, babe.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

***** you for not understanding it. ***** you for taking actions, still, to this day, that makes the sacrifices of our forefathers on D-Day increasingly meaningless. Because their descendants created people like yourself.... who argue in favor of Confederate flags instead of against racism and oppression.

Did your grandfather/father/any relatives serve in WWII? Do you feel ashamed to not live up to the ideals of equality, freedom, and liberty for all? Or you are okay because you feel as though you, yourself, have "equality, freedom, and liberty" that the "for all" part is not your problem? 

Even better. Tell me how this is an example of racism. 

You still don't even understand the ***** word. Tell me how the Wayans brothers in "white face" is as offensive as "black face." Tell me why they're equally bad in America. 

A) White face and Black face are equally bad

B) History is real, and life didn't begin with your birth

Pick one, babe.

1 minute ago, GregPersons said:

Why would I try to understand the agenda of a madman.  You're seriously on your way to a coronary.  I'm sorry I've pissed you off so much.  Geez.  All this for someone you don't know from Adam on a message board.  

• Haha (+1) 1

What better example of the craziness prevalent this week in the U.S., then arguing about racism in a D-Day memorial Thread.........

Quick correction for all:

The blackface clip posted was actually actor Larry Parks, who was a big liberal, one of the first Hollywood stars to be blacklisted.

Additionally, Al Jolson was not remotely a racist. He assisted black performers throughout the twenties, thirties and forties, when it actually counted to stand up.

So Little Greg's knee-jerk reaction of "racism" was especially illustrative.

220px-Larry_Parks_1950.jpg             

220px-Al_Jolson_-_publicity.JPG

Despite his promotion and perpetuation of black stereotypes, his work was often well-regarded by black publications and he has been credited for fighting against black discrimination on Broadway as early as 1911. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Why would I try to understand the agenda of a madman.  You're seriously on your way to a coronary.  I'm sorry I've pissed you off so much.  Geez.  All this for someone you don't know from Adam on a message board.  

Lol. Am I on my way to a coronary because I was saying ***** you? You literally said it to me; I was simply saying it back. You keep assuming you've pissed me off. You don't have that kind of impact on me. If I weren't getting some sort of pleasure out of bullying your dumb thoughts to a point where you're embarrassed to think them, I wouldn't be doing it. So you don't need to worry about me. 

As for understanding me, a madman, and my agenda — the reason you'd seek to understand is.... well, some people have the ability to find pleasure simply in curiosity for its own sake. For example, you might seek out opinions you disagree with to challenge your own beliefs. Have you ever done something like that? Seems like you mostly stay in your comfort zone, no?

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

Despite his promotion and perpetuation of black stereotypes, his work was often well-regarded by black publications and he has been credited for fighting against black discrimination on Broadway as early as 1911. 

Source? What black publications have regarded Al Jolson well, exactly? When/where? 

Edited by GregPersons

52 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Lol. Am I on my way to a coronary because I was saying ***** you? You literally said it to me; I was simply saying it back. You keep assuming you've pissed me off. You don't have that kind of impact on me. If I weren't getting some sort of pleasure out of bullying your dumb thoughts to a point where you're embarrassed to think them, I wouldn't be doing it. So you don't need to worry about me. 

As for understanding me, a madman, and my agenda — the reason you'd seek to understand is.... well, some people have the ability to find pleasure simply in curiosity for its own sake. For example, you might seek out opinions you disagree with to challenge your own beliefs. Have you ever done something like that? Seems like you mostly stay in your comfort zone, no?

Source? What black publications have regarded Al Jolson well, exactly? When/where? 

36 minutes ago, B-Man said:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-oct-20-ca-39153-story.html

You really ought to broaden your narrow horizons.

Too bad you won't.

It's too much for you to have the basic reading comprehension to realize your link proves my point, and supports yours in no way at all?

You said black publications have appraised Al Jolson's work in a way that is well regarded. In that link, if you actually read it instead of just searching for key words, it's about Spike Lee's film Bamboozled... which is attacking Al Jolson and what he represents.

Within that article, there is praise from the Black co-stars in some of Jolson's films at a time when it was unheard of to see a White and Black co-star on screen. They aren't praising Jolson for anything other than allowing a Black person to be on screen with him. His guilt led to a very small act of being helpful. 

That's nothing at all what you were saying, and nothing at all what you were suggesting and implying either.

There are no black publications or anybody in present day reality praising Al Jolson other than racists. You ***** idiot.

41 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

It's too much for you to have the basic reading comprehension to realize your link proves my point, and supports yours in no way at all?

You said black publications have appraised Al Jolson's work in a way that is well regarded. In that link, if you actually read it instead of just searching for key words, it's about Spike Lee's film Bamboozled... which is attacking Al Jolson and what he represents.

Within that article, there is praise from the Black co-stars in some of Jolson's films at a time when it was unheard of to see a White and Black co-star on screen. They aren't praising Jolson for anything other than allowing a Black person to be on screen with him. His guilt led to a very small act of being helpful. 

That's nothing at all what you were saying, and nothing at all what you were suggesting and implying either.

There are no black publications or anybody in present day reality praising Al Jolson other than racists. You ***** idiot.

1 minute ago, GregPersons said:

Uh huh... and that's satire, which is different...

Why? Because you say so. You and the rest of the agitators are not going to get people as riled up as you think. Some people have a sense of humor and don't live in the past.