If Gruden falls for Saban's obvious ploy

nodnarb

and none of them will be complementary. The talk is that Saban is expressing interest in drafting Alex Smith, when everyone knows he just wants more picks and wants to get the hell out of the #2 spot. If Gruden falls for this bait I won't know whether to laugh or send him hate mail for giving miami a free pick. Alex Smith will still be there at the bucs pick. Saban is blowing smoke up his little red-hair flecked ass.

Gotta love the pre-draft smokescreens.

and none of them will be complementary. The talk is that Saban is expressing interest in drafting Alex Smith, when everyone knows he just wants more picks and wants to get the hell out of the #2 spot. If Gruden falls for this bait I won't know whether to laugh or send him hate mail for giving miami a free pick. Alex Smith will still be there at the bucs pick. Saban is blowing smoke up his little red-hair flecked ass.

306673[/snapback]

KNOCK IT OFF!

306673[/snapback]

Why do you think so. Miami has many needs, Q.B. is one of them. If Miami were to stay @ #2 why would they not pick Alex Smith? That said, I think they would rather have more picks and be happy to trade with the Bucs. I agree with Gruden if the Bucs can move to #2 to take Smith, I hope they do. I don't think you can guarantee he will be there @ 5.

I would love for the Dolfelons to waste their #1 pick on Smith.  It doesn't make much sense for them to take a qb when they have much bigger needs.

306698[/snapback]

Uh, their QBs right now consist of A.J. Feely and some other guy who's going to be competing with Feely for the starting position. How could they have bigger needs than at QB?

Uh, their QBs right now consist of A.J. Feely and some other guy who's going to be competing with Feely for the starting position. How could they have bigger needs than at QB?

306757[/snapback]

WHATEVER THEIR NEEDS, MATT JONES WILL GET THE JOB DONE

YOU CAN BRING HIM IN FOR TRICK PLAYS; ANYTHING TO GET HIM INVOLVED CAUSE HE'S SUCH A PLAYMAKER

WHATEVER THEIR NEEDS, MATT JONES WILL GET THE JOB DONE

YOU CAN BRING HIM IN FOR TRICK PLAYS; ANYTHING TO GET HIM INVOLVED CAUSE HE'S SUCH A PLAYMAKER

306774[/snapback]

Dude! Why are you screaming at us? It's called a caps lock.

Smoke or no smoke, it is highly unlikely that Smith would be there at #5. More importantly, Ronnie Brown, the RB that the Dolphins really seem to covet, will also likely be gone. Thus, the trade may help the fish acquire an additional pick, but it is also likely to cost them a shot at Brown.

This also explains why Gruden would be interested in trading a player for Travis. He will have at least one fewer (presumably 2nd or 3rd rounder) draft pick this year -- and will have drafted a position OTHER than RB with his first pick.

Dude! Why are you screaming at us? It's called a caps lock.

306800[/snapback]

BECAUSE I HATE JONES AND ALL THE HYPE / ATTENTION / DESIRE PEOPLE HAVE IN DRAFTING HIM BY TRADING 5 DIFFERENT PLAYERS TO GET TO THE FIRST ROUND.

ITS NOT REALISTIC OR INTELLIGENT AND IT DRIVES ME NUTS

306757[/snapback]

Well, they traded their 2nd pick this year to the Eagles for Feeley. He's not a bad qb. Just don't pat him on the ass. They also signed Gus Frerotte who their OC had with him in Minn. I just don't see either Smith or Rodgers being anyone's savior this year. As far as RB, the Felons have Sammy Morris, Travis Minor and other journeymen.

They also have lots of holes on their OL and on defense.

Again, I would love for them to take a QB, but I don't think that it will happen.