TD's Draft Day Shockers

2002 - With the 4th pick in the 2nd round (pretty much a first), TD drafts WR Josh Reed. At the time we didn't really need a WR and it floored a lot of people.

On the night of the draft, TD makes a trade with New England for (then) superstar QB Drew Bledsoe!

2003 - With the 23rd pick in the First Round, TD drafts RB Willis McGahee. We had Travis Henry who was coming off a Pro-Bowl season.

2004 - After selecting WR Lee Evans with the 13th pick overall, TD trades back into the first round and selects QB J.P. Losman.

What will TD surprise us with this year?

2002 - With the 4th pick in the 2nd round (pretty much a first), TD drafts WR Josh Reed. At the time we didn't really need a WR and it floored a lot of people.

On the night of the draft, TD makes a trade with New England for (then) superstar QB Drew Bledsoe!

2003 - With the 23rd pick in the First Round, TD drafts RB Willis McGahee. We had Travis Henry who was coming off a Pro-Bowl season.

2004 - After selecting WR Lee Evans with the 13th pick overall, TD trades back into the first round and selects QB J.P. Losman.

What will TD surprise us with this year?

304868[/snapback]

They aint stayin at the 55th pick. TD will find a fair trade partner to move up and grab a offensive lineman he has targeted.

i am not expecting much flash from the bills on draft day, at least in comparison to prior years.......a henry trade will or won't go down (i put it at 50/50 at this point) and TD will draft the best player available in his mind in the 2nd round regardless of where we are picking.......OL, DL, DB, WR, RB, QB, TE, LB, K -- doesn't matter, best player available....same for the 3rd, and the 4th - you get the idea........

i am not expecting much flash from the bills on draft day, at least in comparison to prior years.......a henry trade will or won't go down (i put it at 50/50 at this point) and TD will draft the best player available in his mind in the 2nd round regardless of where we are picking.......OL, DL, DB, WR, RB, QB, TE, LB, K -- doesn't matter, best player available....same for the 3rd, and the 4th - you get the idea........

304902[/snapback]

You really believe that TD would draft a QB in the 2nd round? :(

you really believed TD would draft a RB in the 1st round during the '03 draft?  :(

304918[/snapback]

That's a good point and i'm all for the "drafting the best available player" thing.

But not after drafting J.P. Losman in the 1st round last year. Not after we named him the starter and he hasn't even played yet to evaluate. Not after signing Kelly Holcomb. I don't think it's fair to compare situations.

Now if that QB also is a WR or a TE named Matt Jones, i'm all for it :doh:

Nice job of answering a question with a question.  :(  Once again, do you really believe that TD will draft a QB in the 2nd round?

304932[/snapback]

i don't think he will.......i expect the bills will be choosing another position in 2nd round.......

but i do think it is a possiblity if he deems a QB the "best player available" at that spot.....