and the nfl thinks throwing snowballs is bad

Why can't Americans love soccer the way Europeans do? :doh: By the way, seeing a soccer player in pain lying on a field garners no sympathy from me since these guys practrice faking injuries to draw penalties. How many times (I know you don't watch soccer) have you seen a soccer player fall down and act like he broke his leg in 15 places?

PTR

why do they have flares at a game????

303647[/snapback]

It's a soccer tradition in Italy, Spain and Portugal. You light your flares that bare your team's main color as a show of support. But with an incident like this, who knows if the leagues might reconsider allowing it.

BTW... there might be another soccer-maylee today. Liverpool FC plays Juventus in a UEFA Championship League game today on ESPN2 at 2:30pm. It's the first time the teams play at Juve since 39 Juve fans were killed in the Heysel Stadium disaster 20 years ago when Liverpool's fans trampled them to death. They are reported having 1,100 special forces officers at the game because of claims of revenage.

If the MLS had more crazy fans like this, the league would be more popular...

On a related topic... whycome Rochester got screwed out of an MLS team?

303672[/snapback]

They'll get it. However, the Rhinos owner doesn't want to play the entrance fee. He's waiting the league out.

Why can't Americans love soccer the way Europeans do?  :doh:  By the way, seeing a soccer player in pain lying on a field garners no sympathy from me since these guys practrice faking injuries to draw penalties.  How many times (I know you don't watch soccer) have you seen a soccer player fall down and act like he broke his leg in 15 places?

PTR

303671[/snapback]

I'm a huge soccer fan but every time I watch a player dive I want to punch the screen. That's why I like this new guy Eddie Johnson on the US National Team. He's awesome, he runs throw tackles and doesn't go down even when he does get hacked.

They'll get it. However, the Rhinos owner doesn't want to play the entrance fee. He's waiting the league out.

303682[/snapback]

I want to agree with you, but it's hard. I think Don Garber uses the Rochester situation as leverage in order to get larger cities with weathier owners to buy into the league (Checketts in Salt Lake, Vergara with that Chivas thing, now Toronto)

Question: why do I know this? Soccer, well, it kinda blows. Ok, it's doesn't, not at the world-class level, anyway.