Jabari Greer

Tom Donahe spoke very highly of Jabari Greer at the press conferance and also mentioned that Greer may be the fastest Bill.

He seemed to play very well last season as an undrafted rookie. He may have even played more thanb Kevin Thomas as a nickel corner

Do you think he could eventuallly become a quality starting CB for the Bills or is he destined to remain a nickel guy?

He might be a little thin/frail to be an every down player if he's still at his reported rookie weight (169 lbs.) If f he can pack on 10-15 lbs. of muscle and keep his speed and quickness, I think he could possibly start someday.

He might be a little thin/frail to be an every down player if he's still at his reported rookie weight (169 lbs.)  If f he can pack on 10-15 lbs. of muscle and keep his speed and quickness, I think he could possibly start someday.

303198[/snapback]

I know for a fact he has been at the stadium already training so thats a good start in adding weight

The Bills had the opportnity to not offer Thomas a tender that kept him a Bill and did so unlike other players they had no plans for (ex. Pucillo) and other players they eventually resigned after exposing the player to the market (ex. Burns).

Clearly Thomas is part of the Bills plans and Greer will certainly compete for the nickel slot with him. but has a couple of layers to step up before he is even in the running for a starting slot.

No way. He's just not good enough. A 3rd cornerback is about as far as he can go. He's got solid cover skills and is athletic but is not as physical as most starting NFL corners. Not to mention I can't imagine him offering much in the way of run support.

Tom Donahe spoke very highly of Jabari Greer at the press conferance and also mentioned that Greer may be the fastest Bill.

He seemed to play very well last season as an undrafted rookie. He may have even played more thanb Kevin Thomas as a nickel corner

Do you think he could eventuallly become a quality starting CB for the Bills or is he destined to remain a nickel guy?

303187[/snapback]

303187[/snapback]

tough call my man.

the thing i do like about him is his speed. some cbs are limited because of that. if he can overcome size and weight i think he can be a strong cb.... probably never at a clements level, but still pretty talented.

have to remember... the best = d. sanders offered no run support and wasn't a strong physical player

tough call my man.

the thing i do like about him is his speed.  some cbs are limited because of that.  if he can overcome size and weight i think he can be a strong cb.... probably never at a clements level, but still pretty talented.

have to remember... the best = d. sanders offered no run support and wasn't a strong physical player

Greer is 5'11", which is excellent height for a CB. And he can always add weight, and since he's fast, not lose enough to be a detriment. With some good coaching, he could be a player.

303187[/snapback]

I don't profess to be a GM Guru but I think Greer becomes a starter next year....and I would not be nervous if he was forced into a starters position this year.

it took Antoine Winfield one year playing nickel...it took Nate Odoms 2 years to get his feet wet in the NFL level....and Henry Jones...although he was in a different position took his first year to learn the game.

From what I saw last year...Greer...is a little green...but will learn to use his athletic ability to make up for his lack of strength...and be be a solid starter at CB.

Greer is 5'11", which is excellent height for a CB.  And he can always add weight, and since he's fast, not lose enough to be a detriment.  With some good coaching, he could be a player.

303396[/snapback]

read my post, don't repost the same thing

tough call my man.

the thing i do like about him is his speed. some cbs are limited because of that. if he can overcome size and weight i think he can be a strong cb.... probably never at a clements level, but still pretty talented.

:unsure::):angry::o