• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So where is FoxSports-Buffalo?

I think we would have been better off with Dolanvision... :P

299399[/snapback]

You're better off with us. :lol:

P.S. Cablevision is dicking everyone over with contract negotiations for renewal of MSG/Fox Sports again. I've had to deal with some irate Mets fans. Yeah....believe it or not.....there are still some Mets fans. :lol:

I fixed your PS CL :lol:

DirecTV, on the other hand...  Great all the way around. :P

(it's been awhile since I've done that :lol: )

And in other news, here's a great cable company thread on AVSForum.com :lol:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....threadid=528206

CW

299416[/snapback]

Yeah, there are 70 million cable subscribers, and a thread by 5 people about an independent contractor screwing up is a "great cable company thread?"

If you got water running down the windows in a new house, does the entire building industry suck?

Here's my experience with the crappy cable company. I was getting pixelation on my sets - one phone call, service appointment within 2 days, guy came on time, and I got 2 brand new cable boxes (1 HD). Total cost? $0.

Care to compare how many DTV subscribers can swap out their hardware for the latest boxes for free?

Care to compare how many DTV subscribers can swap out their hardware for the latest boxes for free?

299446[/snapback]

Umm, pretty much any of them, as long as you've been a customer for over a year. I've received a free TiVo and a free HD receiver over the past few years. Oh, and the HD receiver wasn't a swap-out, it was an ADDITION.

DirecTV is #1 in customer service, Dish is #2, and cable is #3 in every independent poll.

The simple fact is that some people have good cable service in their area. Most do not.

Besides, I was just poking fun at CL. It's what I (we) do :lol:

CW

299446[/snapback]

:lol:

We did...

(Disclaimer: we've since moved and have digital cable at our new place, and for the most part, we're pretty happy. Of course, we'd be a helluva lot happier if NFL Network was added to the lineup, but our phone, internet, and cable all being on one bill is nice and we're saving a lot of money. Their techs and cust service have been not stellar, but adequate all the same.)

You're better off with us.    :lol:

P.S. Cablevision is dicking everyone over with contract negotiations for renewal of MSG/Fox Sports again. I've had to deal with some irate Mets fans. Yeah....believe it or not.....there are still some Mets fans.    :lol:

299408[/snapback]

Mets fans :lol:

WHY??? :P

I've had T-W for 7 years now. I can only recall 4 or 5 times when it went out - weather-related. I had 1 service call, and they fished some new coax cable inside the house for free.

I recently changed from analog to digital (had no choice), and it included a DVR, which I like.

I won't argue if it's cheaper or better/worse than dish service, but I'm pleased.

Everyone in Buffalo, here's a tip --- Get a dish!!

Time Warner stinks!!

299596[/snapback]

RJ, as someone who has had to deal with Adelphia and Time Warner. Time Warner is 1000% better than Adelphia ever was towards me. Also, Time Warner was considerably cheaper.

And at the end of the day, that's really all that matters :lol:

299615[/snapback]

And that's what I've been saying all along. It all depends on your own situation. For many, satellite rocks. For many, cable is great. That's why my advice is always to determine what you want from your TV provider, and then decide which one to choose.

RJ, as someone who has had to deal with Adelphia and Time Warner. Time Warner is 1000% better than Adelphia ever was towards me. Also, Time Warner was considerably cheaper.

299616[/snapback]

I think I dealt with Adelphia in Buffalo back when I was in college and don't recall ever having a problem. Plus, I like that deal they used to have: 99 bucks for all the cable channels and high speed internet.

Here's why I dislike Time Warner:

1. Poor channel selection for sports fans. We can get 70 Lifetime networks but it takes an act of congress to add a new sports channel.

2. They charge more for HD service and don't offer more than a few channels.

3. The price: They charge an arm and a leg for service. My friend dropped TW and went with a dish and he gets more channels for 20 bucks less a month.

4. High speed internet: It's slow and spam is a big problem with your email.

5. Uniformed customer service people. I call to ask a question and it takes 10 minutes just to get a human on the phone who usually can't answer my question anyways.

4. High speed internet: It's slow and spam is a big problem with your email.

299626[/snapback]

I'm not sure I'm following how the amount of spam in your inbox can be used to evaluate an ISP. What would the ISP have to do with it?