Time Warner/Comcast wins Adelphia bid

Tom

My cable ISP (Cox) claims to have a spam blocker as well. I finally got around to activating it on my email accts, but I don't see much of a difference either - I think the spammers are figuring out ways around them.

My email client is Thunderbird by Mozilla, and I've been very happy with the filtering they use.  I trained it to identify what is and isn't spam, and now 99% of the spam I get doesn't see the inbox - it goes right into the junk folder.  If you're getting that much spam, maybe you should give Thunderbird a try for a few weeks and see if it's any better.  Just a thought...

299647[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip. A friend of mine recommended the same thing recently and I just switched.

How long ago was this "deal"?  I have Adelphia digital cable and powerlink without any premium channels and I'm over $110 a month.

299641[/snapback]

It was a couple years ago, but I thought friends of mine who lives in Tonawanda still gets it. I'll ask them.

Not anymore...

That was a couple years ago

299813[/snapback]

A couple of years ago indeed .

THe price now is INSANE..I just cut all my movie channels a few months ago. My Adelphia bill was just south of $150.00 a month. 2 digital boxes, powerlink, 1 HD...That's it!

Now my bill is around $120.00 a month. Guess what - I don't miss the movie channels one bit!

My High Speed Internet is $10

And my DVR is $7.95

:blink:

299955[/snapback]

Yeah, I bet it's great if you work for the company. :D

I work in IT, and I get free MS Windows and MS Office at home if I want it. Doesn't mean that the stuff isn't overpriced in the real world.

Oh, and my two DVRs only cost $4.95 (total), so I'm still cheaper there ;)

CW

Yeah, I bet it's great if you work for the company.  :blink:

I work in IT, and I get free MS Windows and MS Office at home if I want it.  Doesn't mean that the stuff isn't overpriced in the real world.

Oh, and my two DVRs only cost $4.95 (total), so I'm still cheaper there :D

CW

299970[/snapback]

for Adelphia?