Things feel different... and it feels good

Thunderstruck

57 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

My wife and I were talking about this last night. It really does feel different. I'm not completely convinced yet, and things could go wrong, but this feels like a different sort of Bills team. They don't get as flustered when things go wrong. They maintain a belief in themselves and keep their eyes on what they have to do to win. 

I remember at the beginning of the Kelly/Levy years how surprised I was when the Bills began to win games that they would have blown in the previous decade. It took me a while to come to realize that the could regularly win when they were in a tough spot; that they would come from behind, that the could be dominated for a while but then assert their own dominance, that they could be relied upon to keep working until they won.

I haven't had that feeling for a very long time--not even with the hot starts when Trent Edwards seemed like he might be the guy, or when Fitz had that hot start in 2011. 

I hope this one is not a mirage, but it certainly makes watching the team more interesting. My wife pointed out that even the announcers must like calling a Bills game more than they have for years, because the team is capable of playing well and surprising them. 

This is generally a sign of good / stable leadership. Hopefully continued success will breed even more confidence throughout the organization and the fanbase. It will also take some sustained success before they are recognized as a "good" team outside of the organization

Edited by Thunderstruck

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

During the off-season I have had conversations with friends and family about how this team is turning the corner- feels a whole lot like 1988

This honestly feels a ton like 1988.  Veteran defense carrying us to victories.  Young, dynamic, confident QB and rookie running back, who are flashing tons of promise, but who haven't quite completely hit their stride.  

31 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

This honestly feels a ton like 1988.  Veteran defense carrying us to victories.  Young, dynamic, confident QB and rookie running back, who are flashing tons of promise, but who haven't quite completely hit their stride.  

Thats how I see it- and with a complete culture change like 87-88 also