If we got Shelton would he be happy?

I know for any of us outside the dream world of sports/entertainment, $3 million per year would be quite sufficient. Just wondering though.... How do you think Shelton would feel over time making 1/3 of the right tackle's salary when he's supposed to playing the tougher left tackle position? Might be like a stone in his shoe. If he comes in and plays well I could see a little jealousy developing.

I know for any of us outside the dream world of sports/entertainment, $3 million per year would be quite sufficient.  Just wondering though.... How do you think Shelton would feel over time making 1/3 of the right tackle's salary when he's supposed to playing the tougher left tackle position?  Might be like a stone in his shoe.  If he comes in and plays well I could see a little jealousy developing.

298210[/snapback]

mike williams doesn't make 9M in salary -- that is his cap hit.......

his salary is 4M for '05, with the remainder of his cap hit composed of unamortized signing bonuses and a roster bonus......

Shelton never complained about money in Arizona. The extension he got was actually a surprise to him and his agent from what I understand. He was rewarded for being "the last man standing" and really being the best lineman that had. He is not Travis Henry blowing his money on whatever, asking for a cheap extension every year.

Plus he had Davis on that team playing RG for 3 years making 3x what he did and never complained at least publicly.