new Transformers movie

Robots in Disguise!

I hope Jetfire is in the movie, he was my favorite growing up.

297763[/snapback]

I liked the cassette player with the tapes that turned into a bird. I'm getting old and can't remember the names offhand...

I wonder if they'll update the show to have an iPod-type transformer or a CD player at the very least :ph34r:

CW

I liked the cassette player with the tapes that turned into a bird.  I'm getting old and can't remember the names offhand...

297769[/snapback]

That would have been Soundwave. I was a transformers geek. I had all of them, saw all the cartoons, and I own the Transformers movie (the cartoon). :ph34r:

That would have been Soundwave. I was a transformers geek. I had all of them, saw all the cartoons, and I own the Transformers movie (the cartoon).  :ph34r:

297771[/snapback]

I netflixed the movie a few weeks ago, not the same as when I was a kid. Ruined it a little bit.

I netflixed the movie a few weeks ago, not the same as when I was a kid. Ruined it a little bit.

297817[/snapback]

The movie was great with the glamor rock soundtrack! That music is so frickin' cheesy that it is timeless and endearing.

297817[/snapback]

That movie ruined the transformers as a franchise. You don't kill off all the favorite characters and expect kids to just care about new ones just like that. The other factor is that the original toys were built solid, mostly metal based. Then they started putting out toys in 100% plastic....

I liked the cassette player with the tapes that turned into a bird.  I'm getting old and can't remember the names offhand...

I wonder if they'll update the show to have an iPod-type transformer or a CD player at the very least :ph34r:

CW

297769[/snapback]

I got that Transformers movie that came out in 1986 or thereabouts. It was animated and Unicron. I have it somewhere but too lazy to look for it.

That movie ruined the transformers as a franchise. You don't kill off all the favorite characters and expect kids to just care about new ones just like that. The other factor is that the original toys were built solid, mostly metal based. Then they started putting out toys in 100% plastic....

297895[/snapback]

They has some pretty cool recent incarnations - such as Beast Wars. Yeah, the metal transformers were awesome, especially Jetfire (large white jet). I wish I had all of them because they are worth a fortune now.

Robots in Disguise!

I hope Jetfire is in the movie, he was my favorite growing up.

297763[/snapback]

I traded my Omega Supreme for a Sky(stream|scream). Man that pissed my parents off. Little did I know Omega cost so damn much more.

i had him too :ph34r:

but my all time favorite was the original Megatron.  Really sucked when the reformend into Galvatron

if i wasn't watching Rose Red tonite i'd have to watch my Transformers the Movie DVD.  maybe this weekend

297993[/snapback]

*cough*makeacopyplease*cough*