Mike Vick gives some chick the HERP!!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But sue him? Take him to court and SUE him? For freakin' herpes?

Once again the world would be a different place if everyone practiced personal accountability and not contact a lawyer the second they feel someone has wronged them.

297348[/snapback]

WHAT! He infected her with an infectous disease!!!!! As I said, her having unprotected sex goes to the issue of negligence - but this is a CLEAR case of battery. At least if he had conformed with his legal duty and informed her that he was a human petri dish she could have made an informed decision. He deprived her of that right, exposed her, and infected her. IF there ever was a reason to sue, giving someone a noncurable and socially stigmatized disease is a good one!

I don't know what else she told you, but herpes is a lifer.

297369[/snapback]

Not in every case. At least not in outbreak form. I'm sure the virus sits there in some capacity. But there are many cases in which you simply stop having outbreaks.

WHAT! He infected her with an infectous disease!!!!! As I said, her having unprotected sex goes to the issue of negligence - but this is a CLEAR case of battery.  At least if he had conformed with his legal duty and informed her that he was a human petri dish she could have made an informed decision. He deprived her of that right, exposed her, and infected her. IF there ever was a reason to sue, giving someone a noncurable and socially stigmatized disease is a good one!

297372[/snapback]

I'm not saying he wasn't wrong. I'm not saying what happened was not unfortunate. I'm saying that a lawsuit in this case is does more harm than good, aside from embarrassing Vick and lining her pockets.

I'm not saying he wasn't wrong. I'm not saying what happened was not unfortunate. I'm saying that a lawsuit in this case is does more harm than good, aside from embarrassing Vick and lining her pockets.

297376[/snapback]

I think I can understand an anger strong enough to make this happen without a profit motive. Still, I think criminal charges might be a better way of finding justice in this case.

Well, according to the article, they had been "close" for over a year before they first had sex, then another six months before they had unprotected sex.  For a relationship with an athlete, that does sound very much like "commited to in a serious way" to me, but that's just IMO, I guess.

297356[/snapback]

So you get a disease from someone you're "committed to in a serious way," and then you turn around and sue them? :blush: If it were that committed, I doubt you turn to your lawyer.

CW

I don't know what else she told you, but herpes is a lifer.

297369[/snapback]

Yeah, the symptoms might go into remission, but you still have it, which means you can still transmit it, which means that if she wants to have children some time in her life she'll have to find someone who is willing to risk getting herpes in order to have children. She will certainly be not likely to be able to have a natural childbirth, to protect the infant.

Oh, and by the way, if you read the complaint, you'll find that he was unprotected during foreplay, she had asked him to put on a condom, and he did after some contact was made (just to be clear, according to the complaint she had asked before any contact was made).

understand the law before posting.

He knowingly exposed her to a disease against her will. Legally, this is the same is punching someone in the face. This is battery - plain and simple.

The issue of "protection" would go to negligence - it may be an issue of comparative negligence on her part, but I think that will be a flimsy argument and this will settle VERY quickly.

297265[/snapback]

The way I read it....LA's post has NOTHING to do with the law and EVERYTHING to do with COMMON SENSE.....

Yeah, the symptoms might go into remission, but you still have it, which means you can still transmit it, which means that if she wants to have children some time in her life she'll have to find someone who is willing to risk getting herpes in order to have children.  She will certainly be not likely to be able to have a natural childbirth, to protect the infant.

Oh, and by the way, if you read the complaint, you'll find that he was unprotected during foreplay, she had asked him to put on a condom, and he did after some contact was made (just to be clear, according to the complaint she had asked before any contact was made).

297390[/snapback]

FWIW, A friend of my wifes has it. Has had two children, by natural childbirth. Also, The kids did not get herpes.

So you get a disease from someone you're "committed to in a serious way," and then you turn around and sue them?  :blush:  If it were that committed, I doubt you turn to your lawyer.

CW

297384[/snapback]

I'd hardly call filing a lawsuit nearly a year after finding out that he is responsible "turning around and suing them." A week or a month, or even a couple of months, maybe. But 11 months? Sounds to me like going to the lawyer was not the first thing she did...

Vick screwed up by not telling her, and he should take responsibility for that. SHE screwed up by either not asking or not caring to ask or not even insisting that a million dollar superstar NFL quarterback wear a condom. But sue him? Take him to court and SUE him? For freakin' herpes?

297348[/snapback]

Wait...you mean they BOTH could be at fault? What a novel concept! And here I thought, from reading the board, that "fault" was strictly an "either/or" principle.

This alter-ego really adds a lot to this board.

297401[/snapback]

I would love to know who that is...I have ideas, but would like to know for sure....BTW it is hilarious that you guys are arguing about herpes....someof you seem to know quite a lot about it...coincidence?????