Rachel Ray mentions Anchor Bar...

I just thought it was cool. I was watching 30 minute meals (don't laugh, I watch a lot of the food network) and Rachel Ray yesterday was making a "Buffalo Chicken Sandwich) and she mentioned the Anchor Bar in Buffalo as having originated wings and said they were the best. :blush:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Was she doing the show from the Anchor Bar? If so, I could see where she'd say they were the best wings.

BTW, Rachel Ray was on Letterman not too long ago and said the key to if she actually likes a meal is how much time she spends talking about the place. If she's too busy eating, she likes it. If she's talking about the ambiance of the place and all that, she probably doesn't like it as much.

Was she doing the show from the Anchor Bar?  If so, I could see where she'd say they were the best wings.

BTW, Rachel Ray was on Letterman not too long ago and said the key to if she actually likes a meal is how much time she spends talking about the place.  If she's too busy eating, she likes it.  If she's talking about the ambiance of the place and all that, she probably doesn't like it as much.

297203[/snapback]

No. The show was from the studio and she only mentioned it in passing during the show when she was mixing butter and cayenne hot sauce for the chicken breasts.

If that was the same episode I saw a month or so ago, she also said that Buffalo has a great football team.  And if there weren't enough reasons to love her already!

297213[/snapback]

I find Rachel Ray to be a little too "peppy" and it can get annoying after a while. I like watching "Good Eats" with Alton Brown primarily for the entertainment value. The best way to descide this show is Julia Child meets Mr. Wizard, with a good dose of David Letterman and Monty Python type of humor.

GO BILLS 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chicken breasts.

First of all she should use Franks hot sauce.

Second, how hot can she be if she has chicken breasts.

Third, my wife makes a killer chicken wing pizza.

Ew. I just saw a picture of her.

She DOES have chicken breasts.

If that was the same episode I saw a month or so ago, she also said that Buffalo has a great football team.  And if there weren't enough reasons to love her already!

297213[/snapback]

My wife watches her show a lot. Rachel is from upstate NY and talks up the Adirondacks and Western NY every now & then.

P-H-O-T-O-S-H-O-P.

She's got a huge hindquarter and miniscule funbags. Not a good combination.

297246[/snapback]

Your right, but name one other chick on the network that's worth "tenderizing your eye of round" to.

Jeff

Your right, but name one other chick on the network that's worth "tenderizing your eye of round" to.

Jeff

297250[/snapback]

Giada (sp?) DeLaurentiis. Personally, my favorite TV girl is the chick that's on TLC's "Overhaulin' " SHEEEEEEE-MOKIN!

My wife watches her show a lot. Rachel is from upstate NY and talks up the Adirondacks and Western NY every now & then.

297225[/snapback]

I like to cook, so the Food Network is one of my default channels - the ones to flip on when you sit down to vedge and there's not much else on. NFL Channel is one of those too.

Rachel grew up in the Lake George area. Her accent is very upstate NY and sounds a lot like she's from around Buffalo. I know she likes baseball and if she likes football, I'll bet she's a Bills fan.

I like Rachel because it's hard to imagine her in a bad mood. She digs beer, spicy food and is always up for new experiences. Sure, she's got a little "junk in the trunk" (got that Italian bottom half) and her chest will never be confused with Pamela Anderson's, but I'll bet she'd be a lot of fun on a date.

My wife calls her my fantasy chef. That's about right.

BTW - Rachel is engaged.

Alton Brown from Good Eats is a trip. He lives pretty close to me and a lot of the shows are shot in this general area at Kroger and local kitchen supply stores.

I believe Bobby Flay has to work hard to be likeable and is probably a major dickwad ?

I like to cook, so the Food Network is one of my default channels - the ones to flip on when you sit down to vedge and there's not much else on. NFL Channel is one of those too.

Rachel grew up in the Lake George area. Her accent is very upstate NY and sounds a lot like she's from around Buffalo. I know she likes baseball and if she likes football, I'll bet she's a Bills fan.

I like Rachel because it's hard to imagine her in a bad mood. She digs beer, spicy food and is always up for new experiences. Sure, she's got a little "junk in the trunk" (got that Italian bottom half) and her chest will never be confused with Pamela Anderson's, but I'll bet she'd be a lot of fun on a date.

My wife calls her my fantasy chef. That's about right.

BTW - Rachel is engaged.

Alton Brown from Good Eats is a trip. He lives pretty close to me and a lot of the shows are shot in this general area at Kroger and local kitchen supply stores.

I believe Bobby Flay has to work hard to be likeable and is probably a major dickwad ?

297286[/snapback]

Unwrapped is one of my favorites. I love the food network though. I cook a lot at home and have always loved it, since being a young kid watching my Grandma cook.