I'm kind of drooling at our possible OL

LT LJ Shelton

LG Chris Villarrial

C Trey Teague

RG Bennie Anderson

RT Mike Williams

I think there is no way we don't get the Shelton-Henry swap done and it seems to me we'll move Villarrial to LG which makes the right side massive to say the least.

With Gandy, Tucker, McFarland and Sobieski providing depth I have to say this could be the best OL we've head under TD.

I'm pretty excited about our line as it is. Screw getting Shelton! We already have an average Lt with Trey Teague. Teague is quicker and smarter. I like the line as:

LT: Teague

LG: Anderson

C: Tucker

RG: Villarial

RT: Williams

I love the power and intensity of the interior line. Big Mike is coming into his own and coach Mac is doing wonders in Mularkey's system. I think that Teague is a perfect fit at LT, he has the quickness and smarts to hang with the Jason Taylors, Richard Seymores, and John Abrahams of the AFC. I think that the perfect scenario would be to wait till draft day... If arizona drafts a CB in the first as they should, we offer Travis and our 4th for their second rd pick. Draft a Chris Spencer or David Baas. Who would be paid much less than Shelton's 3 mill per year contract. Then we have a decent pick to take the best player available. We jump all over Clarett in the 3rd because that's how TD rolls. and somehow Nugent falls to the 5th rd. THat would be a dream draft.

LT LJ Shelton

LG Chris Villarrial

C  Trey Teague

RG Bennie Anderson

RT Mike Williams

I think there is no way we don't get the Shelton-Henry swap done and it seems to me we'll move Villarrial to LG which makes the right side massive to say the least.

With Gandy, Tucker, McFarland and Sobieski providing depth I have to say this could be the best OL we've head under TD.

294632[/snapback]

I'd like to see us do better than Teague at center. A good center can take on a DT one on one. Teague doesn't have the strength for this. Any time you double team a defender, it's like having one less player on your offensive line. Think about what we ask our own DTs to do: tie up the offensive linemen so that our LBs can be free to make the tackle. If two of our own offensive linemen are getting tied up with one of their DTs every play, that means that their DTs are doing their jobs. I'd rather use our first pick in the draft on a C who has Teague's athleticism, while also having the strength to deal with a DT one-on-one. A center like that would be worth one extra lineman on the field every time a DT needed to be blocked. He'd keep the other team's DTs from doing their jobs, which will allow McGahee to do his job very well.

I'm pretty excited about our line as it is.  Screw getting Shelton!  We already have an average Lt with Trey Teague.  Teague is quicker and smarter.  I like the line as:

LT: Teague

LG: Anderson

C: Tucker

RG: Villarial

RT: Williams

I love the power and intensity of the interior line.  Big Mike is coming into his own and coach Mac is doing wonders in Mularkey's system.  I think that Teague is a perfect fit at LT, he has the quickness and smarts to hang with the Jason Taylors, Richard Seymores, and John Abrahams of the AFC.  I think that the perfect scenario would be to wait till draft day... If arizona drafts a CB in the first as they should, we offer Travis and our 4th for their second rd pick.  Draft a Chris Spencer or David Baas.  Who would be paid much less than Shelton's 3 mill per year contract.  Then we have a decent pick to take the best player available.  We jump all over Clarett in the 3rd because that's how TD rolls.  and  somehow Nugent falls to the 5th rd.  THat would be a dream draft.

294651[/snapback]

We could do something unusual. A lot of teams use a smaller, quicker, more athletic DE on third downs than on first and second down. So why shouldn't we do the same at LT? TT could be our third down LT, and the bigger, stronger Shelton could be our LT on first and second downs.

Anderson is not that great of lineman as some of you make him out to be.

He was the weakest link on the Ravens line the past couple years, and outside of run blocking, he is an average to below average guard.

294666[/snapback]

i agree.

some folks are just stoked that we signed somebody. i would have preferred we put that cap space to better use by either signing somebody decent or extending a certain cornerback...

LT LJ Shelton

LG Chris Villarrial

C  Trey Teague

RG Bennie Anderson

RT Mike Williams

294632[/snapback]

Where the heck have YOU been hiding? Good to finally see you posting again.

That line would be better than last year's line, I'm sure. I still hope we get some players in here via the draft for depth purposes, and possibly to even push the projected starters.