make clarett a fb

i would draft him as a fullback project in the late rounds. he is more than big enough. never had a serious injury. a backfield of macghee and clarett would not be hard to take. his contract size would be next to nothing. he would be grateful just to be drafted.

i would draft him as a fullback project in the late rounds.  he is more than big enough. never had a serious injury. a backfield of macghee and clarett would not be hard to take.  his contract size would be next to nothing.  he would be grateful just to be drafted.

294164[/snapback]

That might be a not so bad idea. I'd take him as a STer/fullback/backup HB and see how he develops. Like Mcgahee, i think MC will need a year to get back into football shape. I'd just be leary of his character and any future lawsuits/charges against him from the whole OSU scandal.

how about we draft a guard in the later rounds and make him a WR?

Do you just think because Clarret's big he can, or would want to, play FB...

Just in case you haven't heard... the primary job of a fullback is to "blow up" LBs Dlineman, etc.... Clarret prefers to run behind blockers... not be one of them. A FB is a sacrificial lamb... you think Clarett could do that? If you do, you may want to go back and re-think that one, Einstein.

i would draft him as a fullback project in the late rounds.  he is more than big enough. never had a serious injury. a backfield of macghee and clarett would not be hard to take.  his contract size would be next to nothing.  he would be grateful just to be drafted.

294164[/snapback]

except that he's never blocked a day in his life.

sounds like a good plan! :)

except that he's never blocked a day in his life.

sounds like a good plan! :)

294680[/snapback]

Well, don't expect the guy who started this thread to post again anytime soon! Way to smoke him! Fortunately, he is the only one on the Wall who ever came up with a less than brilliant idea.